DoAll surface grinders any good?

I looked briefly at a used 6x12 DoAll surface grinder recently that is available at what seems like a very reasonable price. I've no real idea on it's age, but suspect that it is at least 20 years old. Do DoAll surface grinders of that vintage have a good reputation?

Reply to
Mike Henry

I have heard that they are very good machines.

Having recently been involved in the refurbishing of one, I can state that they are excellent machines.

Reply to
Peter H.

At the last job I had before I became self employed, we had several DoAll Machines. Not all surface grinders, but most were. We had a production band saw that ran nearly 24/7 and a drill pointing machine that was ancient, but still worked flawlessly. Based on the amount of use these machine had in a large facility, I would have to say the reliability and durability is nothing short of excellent.

Chris

I bought a DoAll 612 several years ago and have been happy with it. I have the manual. Make sure that the ways are not badly worn.

James

Reply to
hobbit