eBay dreamer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item &0897292477
This bandsaw is still sold by MSC for $1,400. I believe that it is the
same as my Wilton 3410. The seller wants $1,499.99 for it.
Ignoramus5603 wrote:

Yeah, but it's "vintage 1999". You can't just go out and buy those anymore.
Jon
On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 11:40:47 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

I think I was cheated. I recently bought a similar saw, vintage 3/2005 for $600, I should have paid the premium for a 1999 model.
Unfortunately, Oz used prices are higher than American because there is not the quantity of used machines available, especially here in W A which has not had a large industrial base.
    Alan
On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 12:49:17 -0600, Ignoramus5603

Iggy, offer him a nice new $100 bill see if he bites ;-0

    You mean he wants $2,499.99 for it? (Or has he bumped the price because too many people from here looked at the auction? :-)
    Enjoy,         DoN.
--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail

No, it is my fault, I mistyped the price, it is $2,499.
On 12/7/2011 10:49 AM, Ignoramus5603 wrote:

this post reminds me - I need to find a non-ebay venue for selling stuff - their latest gambit is to require access to your credit card or debit card in case a buyer wants a refund - access to paypal, which they already have is not adequate, apparently.
So, what other venues (yes, I know about Craigs list) have you-all found fruitful?

None that I know of, and I would love to find an alternative.

At a local pawn shop they had a dirty, well used Grizzly band saw with a sold sign, and a tag with a price of $1200. At the time Grizzly' list price on the saw was $995.
GregO
On Thu, 8 Dec 2011 22:14:01 -0600, "news.easynews.com"

The purchaser probably just prices a shiny new SaurStop and thought that was a good deal for the Griz.
-- Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -- Thomas Jefferson

may hae lied about the sale price or fact of sale.