Ebay ( newest phishing attack )

I ran into a new phishing scheme tonight while browsing ebay, clicked on a listing that seemed intresting and was immediatley redirected to what appeared to be the ebay sign in screen. This seemed rather strange since i had signed in less than a minute before, looking at the address bar i could see i was no longer connected to ebay but another site that mimected ebay. Viewing the source i could see the code that takes advantage of active-x controls to redirect the user to the phony site asking you to log in. The auction has been pulled by ebay. Just thought i would pass this along since it seems the the phishers are getting more brazen in thier attempts to get user information. This is a double whamy attempt to highjack your ebay account and get your stored user information from ebay to steal your identity.

I wonder why the phishers have moved to the industrial listings ?

Anyone else run into the same thing ?

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

I received an email from a Mr. Chang telling me that the cell phone I purchased ($140 total) on eBay, was going to be paid by PayPal. Of course I never purchased any cell phone. . . .I forwarded the false email to ' snipped-for-privacy@paypal.com' and received notification that that it was indeed a 'spoof. The spoof had at least two areas for me to click on . ..one for 'If you did not purchase this item, click here'. And another to enter the 'Resolve Center' by clicking on its link. I clicked on neither. I checked my PayPal account from entering its address in the browser window and there was no payment made.

Reply to
theChas.