eBay Scam

Heads up - another "gotcha" eBay scam - as follows:

"Dear eBay member # 12674539!

It has come to our attention that your account may be used by third party in a fraudulent activity with eBay. As a result, your access to bid or buy on eBay has been restricted. According to our site policy you will have to confirm that you are the real owner of the eBay account by entering your credit card information. Please click on the link below to get to the eBay security update page and complete the form that will appears. After that your account information will be verifyed and you will be redirected to the eBay home page. Thank you.

Visit our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have any questions. Copyright 2003 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc."

Watch it!

Regards,

Marv

Reply to
Marv Soloff

I got one of the original emails, to an address I use only for ebay. Now that ebay has restricted access to the addresses to those involved in a sale, I wonder how they got it. Obviously they send these only to ebay members, so they are getting addresses from there.

I take it this is not the link they sent you (you wouldn't want to repost that) because it looks legit.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

eBay never asks for CC information. The link is probably redirected, information captured, then redirected back to eBay. I didn't try it to find out, just deleted it.

Regards,

Marv

Tom Del Rosso wrote:

Reply to
Marv Soloff

I hope you reported it to snipped-for-privacy@ebay.com so that they can take the spoof site out of business.

Reply to
PJ

I've gotten these too, and other varients. I send them to eBay and ask them if its real. I ALWAYS get a reply.

Reply to
Jim Polaski

Mine was the scam indicated. I check eBay, but another way. In any event, this item is covered in the eBay security page. Just thought the NG people should be aware.

Regards,

Marv

Jim Polaski wrote:

Reply to