Help free the mechanic

Another craigslist listing...

"i need to sell some of my boyfriends tools to get him out of jail"

xray

Funny you should mention this.

I went over there yesterday to look at the OA torch. I've been looking for a small portable OA rig. She wanted more than I thought it was worth, for a few bucks more, I can get a new one from the welding shop.

BUT...., In the back of the garage, was a 60 gal horizontal air compressor, welded on top of a 100 gal horizontal tank. To provide proper air balance between the two tanks, a 2x2 square tube was welded between them. I think he burned a hole in each tank, then welded the tube in with the cutting tip. I didn't go any closer than

10 ft., but could see the bird-shit welds really clear. I don't think I've ever seen that scary in my whole life. After I left, I was kicking myself that I didn't take a picture of it. I keep forgetting that my cell-phone has a camera.

If anyone happens to go there, take a picture of that compressor. It make the guy working on his truck, proped up by a 4x4, look safe.

Reply to
Gary A. Gorgen

Gary A. Gorgen wrote in article ...

Do you suppose his incarceration has anything at all to do with the use of curbside pharmaceuticals - perhaps while designing and building shop equipment????

Reply to
*

Even worse than the cobbled up one I saw where the bed rail frame to mount the motor and compressor was welded to the top of an old rivetted hot water tank Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I had a potential customer call and ask if I could weld his leaky compresser tank. After pointing out why it would be a bad idea for me to do this and for him to use it if I did, and then my price to weld it even if it was safe, we both agreed that a new one for 40 bucks was the better deal. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

============== He should get a real bang out of that set up -- I'll be watching the news for the latest terrorist bombing....

Unka George (George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations; even a democrat like myself must admit this. But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy, for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch," but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee