How Much Computer ?

With today's prices, deals, and a glut of used high powered computers, just get twice as much as you need and be done with it.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Are you kidding?

An old 286 will be plenty of computing power to run a milling machine. So what you have is plenty powerful. You won't live long enough to fill up a 70 GB hard drive with tool paths, which are all text files.

And if you do run out of storage space. External hard drives are very cheap, and getting cheaper every day.

Reply to
Abrasha

As I said - the graphical interface takes the computing power.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
clare at snyder dot ontario do

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 10:38:12 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Pete C." quickly quoth:

Griz is about to start their summer sale, too.

I just visited their site to see if it had started and it hadn't. I did see this metaldorking catalog for the first time, though:

-- Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of nonessentials. -- Lin Yutang

Reply to
Larry Jaques