Interesting "vise"

Gunner
"Aren't cats Libertarian? They just want to be left alone.
I think our dog is a Democrat, as he is always looking for a handout"
Unknown Usnet Poster
Heh, heh, I'm pretty sure my dog is a liberal - he has no balls.
Keyton
Reply to
Gunner Asch
=A0Unknown Usnet Poster
=A0 =A0 =A0Keyton
That's one of those wood working vices that takes the fingers off people that thinks it's a vise. Karl
Reply to
kfvorwerk
=A0Unknown Usnet Poster
=A0 =A0 =A0Keyton
I'm always careful with old vices. I've heard that they can come back to haunt you.
Reply to
Denis G.
of course, it might be a mistake - I'm sure some of you made one once - upload the wrong picture?? particularly if "jr" is doing it

Reply to
Bill Noble
=A0Unknown Usnet Poster
=A0 =A0 =A0Keyton
That appears to be a blacksmith Post Vise. Or am I missing a joke? _kevin
Reply to
Kevin Archibald
My copy of the item pictured for sale thinks it's a Delta Milwaukee Homecraft (Rockwell) jointer.
jsw
Reply to
Jim Wilkins
AH! they finally changed it.
It originally was a picture of a small electric wood planer
Gunner
Gunner Asch
No, it was a jointer. I did learn something hanging out on wreck.wooddorking .
Wes
Yes to what Kevin said.. I've got two like that, one of which has about a 1-1/2" ball at the foot of the leg. Maybe the one here has it also, but the pix is trimmed?? Mine are a little bit heavier duty from what I see.
I always thought they were blacksmith's "portable" vises.
And I also thought a "post vise" is literally that...a squared wooden post with a moving jaw attached. Got one of them too.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.
Reply to
Brian Lawson
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 01:35:31 -0800 (PST), the infamous " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" scrawled the following:
It looks a whole lot like an old blacksmith's post vise to me.
-- Some days, it's not even worth chewing through the restraints.
Reply to
Larry Jaques

Site Timeline