Kindling maker

Hey Steve, After about 20 prototypes I think I have what you are looking for. Visit

No more swinging an ax or hatchet. It is also portable so good for taking camping.

Charles "Chic" Tyson

Reply to
biketheslopes

Steve, Check out

Somewhat automated but works real easy. It is also potable so you can take it camping.

Charles

Reply to
biketheslopes

Steve check out

I think this would work great for you

Charles

Reply to
biketheslopes

Steve Check out

biketheslopes

My can crusher is an old ten pound hammer that I use on pop cans; the first drop, the hammer bounces provided my aim is good (due to trapped air). I really want to drill the hndle and install a steam whistle. After the second drop, the can is about 1/4" thick top to bottom. As far as splitting kindling - lay a piece of dry cedar down and hit it with my old ten pounder and touch a match to the remains and fire happens.

Reply to
geraldrmiller

Do you think he sells any of those? I'd be willing to bet that 100 (1,000?) are made by DIYers for every one he sells at ninety bucks.

Replacing all those #10 hammers must be expensive. Do they burn well? BTW, that sounds like too much work.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The Canuck version at only $150.

Hmm, $10 worth of flat iron/u-channel/nuts/bolts, half an hour's work, a little paint, and Robert's your Father's Brother.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I once set up a 50 ton punch press with two flat steel surfaces and used it to crush pop cans. They came out 1/16" thick. I was afraid of breaking something if I set it thinner.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

phorbin

On the other hand, that girl who was traveling to Alaska could opt for an axe and have, not only a useful defense device, but also a device to make kindling and, if she gets a single bitted axe, she can also drive nails, spikes and smash drink cans.

A multi-purpose device.

Reply to
John B.