Lantern Mantles? Coleman or generic?

I think that was something different. Amoco used to have it, maybe still does. No Amoco stations any where near me.

A pound of propane gives about eight hours of light. A change of alkaline batteries gives about eight hours of light. Just based on what you have on hand.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You have to rip the plastic off the Mormon, and shake vigorously. Takes about fifteen minutes for the oxygen to start working.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Likely I have more mantles than I'll ever use in my life. Every time I go camping, I couldn't find the spares so I bought more. Finally, I bought one of those blow molded cases and put a 4 pack in the bottom. Problem solved.

I can find 4 mantles now ;)

That Goodwill store sounds interesting though. A spare lantern would be nice. Wonder how well they heat an elevated hunting blind?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Others believe that the masons in days of Solomon's temple passed what they knew, through the generations. Mormons are the restoration of Solomon's temple. So, it's both from the same source.

No Mormon I've met knows all of the gospel when she or he joins the church. That would be as absurd as hiring a burger flipper to McDonalds and expecing him to know all the store in one day. Takes some getting used to.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Presentation matters in all things including fly fishing.

Reply to
Wes

So you are admitting to being a gay Democrat.

Thanks!

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Look in the battery pack of a Prius - basically a whole string of those 6.5aH D cells.

Reply to
clare

Will that help them learn how to quote properly and quit top posting?

Reply to
Libby Loo

I dunno. Never tried.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I wouldn't use them in anything critical, like my preparations for the coming apocalypse. Keeping track of the rechargables is probably the biggest headache.

Reply to
ATP*

The Eneloops are 2000 mAh for the AA and 800 for the AAA. Hopefully Costco will have a kit with C and D size eventually.

Reply to
ATP*

2000 mAh for the AA and 800 for the AAA. The kit is about $29 at Costco. One four battery charger, eight AA's, two AAA's and the adapters.

And, you can look up Duracell and Energizer, on the web.

Reply to
ATP*

Maybe so, but even if the burger flipper eventually runs McDonald's he doesn't get to wear magic underwear and reign godlike over a chain of celestial burger joints.

Reply to
ATP*

Reading my post, I see I wasn't clear in what I wrote. Those ratings of 2700 and 1000 mAh are for the highest capacity NiMH that I know of. There is probably better, just that I'm not aware of them. They are what I currently have in service.

The alkaline AA and AAA would probably be higher. Everyready and Mallory have that data on their sites.

Reply to
Winston_Smith

And keep the array cool. If the silicon heats it gets leaky and drops the ability to generate. It shorts out in varying amounts until failure at a hot temp.

Some run water under the cells to cool. Some just suffer.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

White gas had no added 'stuff' for octane and no colorant to mark it red or blue.

We bought it as well for the liquid units. I still have them, but have since converted to propane and it is nice. But can switch back by swapping the tank.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

They are missing all the fun. I bet at the Utah burger chains, the assistant managers have to go through an "intiatory" where they wash their hands. And then they go through a ceremony called a "meeting" where they learn all the company secrets, and learn how to do the secret burger flip. If they remain true, faithful, employed, and on the 401k plan, they are given eternal burger joints. With endless teenage female assistant managers, so they can populate the burger joints.

Now you know the big secret of Celestial Burger. They never need to hire employees, as long as the manager remains true and faithful. By the way, it's a magic apron, with the Celestial Burger seal over the left breast. Get with the program, man!

I hope no one believes a word of that, but I sure had a lot of fun writing it.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, gee, you can't write a good end of the world film, unless a couple batteries go dead in the laser blasters. And then the beautiful space woman comes along with a couple Energizer batteries.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I got what you meant, it just spurred me to check the Eneloop rating. I checked a few alkaline packages and none of them had capacity ratings. They probably don't want to compete on actual numbers, bunnies are more effective marketing :-)

Reply to
ATP*