Little cutie CNC mill for sale locally (Milltronics)

Nice hobby sized mill.

Any idea what it is "worth". No, I am not considering swapping mine for it.

Ignoramus23708

Wow. Flashback. The NASA sticker got me. My grandfather retired from NASA back in the early 80s. (Lewis Research Center) Then I saw the yellow canoe in the rafters. My Uncle and I re-skinned a yellow canoe about that same shade that same year.

Then I realized it wasn't possible. My grandfather died this year, and if he had passed on a cool machine like that to my Uncle he would have been bragging about it to beat the band. Instead he has an old half clapped out Bridgeport.

Still, that was a weird picture to see.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yep, definitely a nice machine. Very interesting configuration also.

Reply to
Pete C.

What makes it better than my mill is two things, one is a quill that is movable with handle, and second is the bedmill setup. But I like mine a lot too.

Ignoramus23708

P.S. You asked what I'ld like. Even at auction I'm sure I can't afford a machine like that.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Guys,

A little update on this Milltronics mill.

This mill is sold by a daughter of someone who passed away. They are liquidating his mold shop. There is a lot of stuff in the shop, some quite interesting.

I talked to her on the phone.

The milltronics mill was made in '2000. Apparently in working order. Weight is 5,900 lbs.

Original cost of the mill was $38,000. She is "asking $25,000" (not a typo). She says "IN PERFECT WORKING ORDER, SOLD AS IS".

She wants $3,000-4,000 for a completely unremarkable run of the mill Enco lathe.

Guess whether I am even going there.

For those impatient to know, no, I am not going.

Ignoramus23708

For comparison, look at this unsold ebay item:

They cannot even get a $10K bid on a bigger milltronics mill.

Ignoramus23708

It isn't worth a thing. That 2000 machine you mentioned might be worth $7,500.00 if it's in good shape. $5K would be more like it.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

10 yr old mill...not a particularly fancy one, but quite usable. She might..might have gotten it if the economy hadnt gone down the toilet.

Now its worth...hummm $18k at most. Course they may be having a massive amount of work surplus in her area....blink blink....

She will drop her prices in humm a month when she realizes that things dont sell for that price anymore.

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Egg-zactly my thoughts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

i :wq

Reply to
Ignoramus23708

The market is flooded with old CNC equipment.

I can see a "fair price" for a bed mill that is sold "as is" and is a second owner machine, as being perhaps $5k at most if it can be powered on.

Maybe, but I learned not to waste time on those people.

Ignoramus23708

Size and weight would be an advantage for some folks. Not everyone can handle 5,000#+ machines.

Reply to
Pete C.