MAXIMAT 7

My cousin Carl have a MAXIMAT 7 but no Operating Manual he's being looking for one for a long while without success. Can you tell me if I can dowload one or purchase one from the manufacturer....??? can not locate the web for the manufacturer either. Have not have any luck trying to find one. My e-mail is............ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Thank you for your help Regards Jesse E. Gonzalez

Reply to
Gonzalez Kitty

There is a Yahoo group for the Maximat 7 and 10 series lathes. A copy of the operating manual is there as one of the files that can be downloaded. The maual is a combination for both lathes. The group there seems to have a lot of helpful information that will be of benefit to your cousin.

Good luck, Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

Here is a place which sells them -- for what I consider a rather steep price. :-)

What name were you looking under. American Edestall imported the machines, but they were made by Maier Emco (or just Emco) not to be confused with "Enco" -- a US-based tool vendor.

I found this by searching for "Emco Maximat 7"

Don't expect e-mail responses to a newsgroup posting. Standard practice is to answer questions within the newsgroup, so others can add information or correct errors.

And some of us far prefer answers in the newsgroup to e-mail answers anyway -- especially if the question and answer are on topic, as these are.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

In addition to the answers that you've already gotten, here's some more information from the UK about the lathe:

Denis G.

I have dealt with BlueRidge with satisfaction. Prices are high but the Emcos are now rare.

-- Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee