metal minature

Don't bother to translate the text - the pics tell the story. Did he construct everything from raw material stock or was this a kit of parts? Either way it's way out of my league.

Art

Reply to
WoodButcher

WOW!

Somebody has way too much time.

Reply to
Dave Lyon

It's a 1931 4.5 litre Supercharged Bentley. And he did everything from scratch including the castings.

the top center photo "View New Bentley-Build"

Art

Reply to
WoodButcher

I talked to a guy at the 2006 NAMES show who is doing a similar job on a 1931 Duesenberg. It had a centrifugal blower instead of a Roots, but otherwise is quite similar. I think it was a straight-8 design. The engine has been "motored" for several hundred hours to seat the rings, but he hasn't tried actually firing it up on fuel yet. He made EVERYTHING, from the frame rails to the tiny fittings that hook up the tiny hydraulic brake lines. The brake lines look like #20 wire, but they are hollow.

Yeah, too much time! I don't think I have that much time left in my life!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I can't help thinking about what my three year old grandson could do to it if he ever got his hands on it.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Damned! Will I ever get that old to learn what he knows? I doubt!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Thats how they used to do it years ago. When I was young I used to get the old model railroader magazines from from the local library and would see the scratchbuilt train locomotives where they made all those tiny parts by hand because they couldn't afford to buy them or no one made them.

Reply to
Eugene