Metalworking content

2.5mm? That was the smallest I've yet seen for that much current. :-)

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I recently found out the hard way that RatSnack carried both the M (5.5x2.1mm) and N (5.5x2.5)size jacks and plugs. I had the wrong size (M) in my kit when I built my 5ah LED flashlight. The charger was N.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I have over 500 used & a few new power suplies/wall warts so you nevver know. The hard ones to find are the 6.3 & larger at high current.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

$6.59 for a new Asus supply. "19V-2.1A-AC-Adapter-Battery-Charger-Power-Cord-Supply-For-ASUS-Netbook-Laptop" It says the pulg is 1.8/2.5

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Your 2.5mm is the ID, while mine has to be 2.5mm OD. The "universal" supply did have some of the larger sizes, but nothing down as small as 2.5 mm OD.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

[ ... ]

"19V-2.1A-AC-Adapter-Battery-Charger-Power-Cord-Supply-For-ASUS-Netbook-Laptop"

That one is close enough -- except that it apparently has a three-conductor power cable instead of the two-conductor one which mine had.

I can't verify the ID at present -- my gauge pins (and lots of other stuff) are in storage until the shop can be repopulated, but it sounds close enough.

Just a pain needing to get a PayPal account to order it. Enforced PayPal requirements was why I stopped buying from eBay. :-)

Thanks, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Roger, over. That makes a difference.

Now I see why someone said it seemed to be a lot of current for that size.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"19V-2.1A-AC-Adapter-Battery-Charger-Power-Cord-Supply-For-ASUS-Netbook-Laptop"

I would have no problem buying it for you so that you don't have to open an account, and I'm sure others would help as well.

I can send you a 19V 3.16A supply that had the plug cut off. Yours for the postage. The smallest adapter I have on hand is 3.4 mm O.D. and the smallest plugs I keep on hand are 5.5mm. Replacement plugs the size shown for that supply are only rated to 3 volts according to the few I could find for sale. Is the output cord good on your old supply? I would think that was how you were powering the netbook right now. if so, just splice & solder it to this brick. It uses a standard IEC power cord. Don't worry about the extra pin, since it usually is used to ground the shielding inside the power supply. This one is connected to the negative lead, but you can use a ground adapter to break the connection if you want to.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No Walmarts in your neck of the woods?

Here is another choice...

etc etc

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

That one looks very much like the "Universal" one which I got, which does not have the right conector. And they don't list either the output connectors or the output voltages available (and the current.) The smallest connector looks as though it *might* be a 2.5mm one, but it could be 3mm or so instead. No listing means no trial.

It looks as though there is a solution -- I've just accepted an offer via e-mail.

Again -- not enough detailed information. The one with the right wattage and voltage and for Asus looks to have a fatter connector based on the photo.

Thanks anyway, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Well..you could...could call the phoks at geeks.com, or simply go down to Wally World and try your plug.

Is your plug bad, or is your powersupply bad? If its simply the power supply...make an adapter or cut the bastard off and put on the old one.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

None of my sources sell that 2.5 mm O.D. size. I bought several sets from different places to use to test things that I receive with no wall wart and the smallest in any of them is 3.7 mm O.D.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell