Need to open a DIEBOLD SAFE

Gunner Asch on Tue, 26 Jul 2016 13:06:12 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Well, that is one way.

pyotr filipivich

Ooh, -nice- safe! Beats what we have all to hell.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The hinges aren't what secures a safe door, they just keep it from falling on your toes when you open it. Unlike a front door (hinges on the right, bolt on the left) a safe door is typically secured by bolts on top, right, left, bottom. The big lever retracts LOTS of bolts when the safe is opened.

Reply to
whit3rd

Any chance of corporate having a code breaker for it?

Reply to
joshuarunnells

If they did, it would only be given to an authorized locksmith to use.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Most of those safes are EASY to open. They are mostly made for protection from fire and accidentally curious people.

Please peruse two posts I made about opening safes.

1 hour will get you most of them opened. If you are careful, you can weld back the sides and keep using the safe. i
Reply to
Ignoramus32696

I have a large Diebold safe but I'm trying to sell? Anybody have a n interest I've attached a couple pictures of it. If you don't have interes t but know somebody that I could talk to you to find out the true value on the safe I would appreciate it. I do have a combination and it does work. I am more than happy to email pictures as well. My monitoring email account is snipped-for-privacy@YAHOO.COM

Reply to
erik8254

You might mention where you are. Those in Norway and Australia may not be interested.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

If it is a 3 number combination, according to Richard Feynman, it can't take over 30 minutes to open it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I sold a Diebold 5'x4'x4' for $250

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Yabbut, little Dicky was kinda gifted.

- If ever the Time should come, when vain and aspiring

Men shall possess the highest Seats in Government,

our Country will stand in Need of its experienced

Patriots to prevent its Ruin. -- Samuel Adams

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Only with that generation of locks, AND with predictable behaviour by the combination-setter.

Won't work with an X07, etc...

Reply to
David Lesher

My sister was run over by a Diebold.

-- pyotr filipivich "With Age comes Wisdom. Although far too often, Age travels alone."

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Is that the one that put out like a broken candy machine?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Are you sure you don't mean a Zamboni?

Reply to
David Lesher

Right. Diebolds are much safer.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Send me a pic...I've opened one a friend bought at flea market had a 4 number combination

Reply to
customconveyor