OT: A glimpse of the future

From Italy, a glimpse of the future in the US if the massive governmental deficits are not brought under control and the governmental debt continues to increase. This will be particularly true in the large cash strapped (bankrupt) metro areas such as Chicago, Philadelphia, NY, LA, etc.

ROME ? Trial hearings are being cancelled because there is no petrol for the vehicles that take defendants from prison to court. It has already happened at Vibo Valentia and looks set to happen again at Santa Maria Capua Vetere. But the entire prison police transport system is facing a crisis as across-the-board budget cuts imposed by the ministry of justice have hit the fuel tanks of Italy?s armoured police vans. Petrol stations that usually accept the ministry?s ?fuel cards? are starting to insist on cash because of further delays in payment (already fixed at 60-90 days) put in place in January.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Our goverment will simply borrow what it needs from

401K's IRA's and savings accounts, T-Bills will be used as collateral.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Tax the upper income classes at same rate as they were a decade ago...end of problem...

I for one am getting tired of my so-called-social-security taxes being used to fund the general budget instead of social security while the rich continue to get un-needed tax breaks for themselves.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

California is about to pass a budget that cuts $150 million dollars from the appropriation for State Courts. Los Angeles County inmates convicted of non violent offenses currently serve

6.5 percent of their sentences. Crime rates continue to decline

Where have you been, George? LOL

Reply to
John R. Carroll