OT: An intersting quandry from the French Quarter

The Mayor doesnt have the power to force them to leave. Only the Governor or higher do, and she is not going to do it. Both the Mayor and Governor are already in deep enough shit as it is. If they order the Guard to force the folks to leave..it will become a shooting affair..and the People would hang them from lamp posts within hours.

Not to say both dont already need to be hung, for causing so many deaths.

Gunner

Gunner

That was during Democrat LBJ's Presidency wasnt it?

Gunner

Gunner

Hence my post of last week about refugees Always wind up at the mercy of the government. No exceptions.

So dont be one.

Gunner

Gunner

What authority does the CHP have in New Orleans? Were they arresting people who refused to leave?

Reply to
Nick Hull

If the police were not willing to deal harshly with the looters, why should they deal harshly with law abiding peaceful taxpayers?

Reply to
Nick Hull

Because they don't shoot back...

Reply to
Chuck Sherwood

"Nick Hull" wrote

Yep. As I understand it all volunteer law enforcement personnel have been deputized and given arrest powers. Only the regular Army personnel don't qualify under Posse Comitatus.

What made it worse was that the CHP guys had that take no shit attitude that they use at home that just does not go over well with the laid back New Orleans folks.

BTW, The Posse Comitatus Act was one of the reasons why the Governor wouldn't relinquish control to the feds. It would have taken policing powers away from the National Guard, eliminated her power to deputize volunteer law enforcement personnel and put all the load back on the NOPD and Federal Marshals. The attempt to seize power was not very well thought out by the White House.

If the Shrub had a hair on his ass he would have flown to Baton Rouge Tuesday morning and started acting like that kick ass Cajun General that finally started making some sense of the situation.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

Ha! It's apparently the American way. There are those in position of authority that often pick on the defenseless in an attempt to make it look like they're doing something to earn their keep, all the while carefully avoiding anyone that might strike back. In Seattle, when the anarchists did horrific damage to personal property while protesting, the cops stood by and did nothing, yet one of them knocked on the window of a car with two women inside, doing nothing more than observing, and pepper sprayed them. Need I say more?

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

I think it is part of the lefts way of flattening a city and blaming it on the Fed then get more money and new houses... a free start over.

I lived through two 6' flood in my front yard. - it was 5' at the front door! Two floods that were spaced two years apart. They didn't evacuate the city. There were places to get shots if wanted, and we were given instructions on what to do and what not to do.

But then we were more responsible for ourselves - and the left is our 'mother' or wants to be.

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Didn't you hear - Habit-tat is coming in with Jimmy C. and going to build thousands of homes - given sponsors...

Crafts people move to jobs all the time. When living in Ca. many would go to Florida for a year or two and then return. Migrant worker with Hurricanes.

Glenn Ashmore wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Did I see it wrong on the news or did I see the army handcuffing peaceful citizens and taking away the guns they needed to protect their homes? Do I need to boycott the army or just Louisiana?

Reply to
Nick Hull

I heard on the news, the army was helping with voluntary evacuees. They supposedly would have nothing to do with those that intend to resist, leaving that to Natioanl Guard and other law enforcement.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

The Government? FEMA? Dept. of Homeland (In)Security? Dubya?

Take your pick.

Abrasha

Abrasha

Who will pay? None of the above ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

Hey, Glen, while I dont necessarily agree with your politics, I did follow the link in your tag line to see your project on the cutter. Very nice project, and what I see is impressive. Good work on that. That is the beauty of this country. We can agree to disagree, and know one has to go to prision for it.

Reply to
Grady

But Halliburton needed an American port to offload all the oil that's disappeared from Iraq. Clearing out all the insubordinate people was a bonus, I'm sure. Clearly Halliburton is acting in America's interests in bringing the oil here - surely it'd be easier to just sell it on the world market and transfer the cash.

Pete

Reply to
Pete Bergstrom

Regarding a rebuilder - Halliburton isn't the best suited - even for Iraq - They have people that are Arab and have worked the region with others.

But this company builds cities from scratch and does world class work.

Martin [ no connection with Bechtel in any way other than knowing they are fine. ] Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Mart> Didn't you hear - Habit-tat is coming in with Jimmy C. and going to > build thousands

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

No, they're democrats. You're the one always making that analogy...

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Democrats are vermin? Works for me. But..they only make up 49%

Gunner

Gunner Asch

That's electoral vote.

Jim