OT: Break-in update + video DVR system

Tom

I had mentioned the Gotcha software for survalence that allows any computer at any remote location to record all activity within view of any camera that connects to that computer. The camera triggers the computer to record *only* when the scene changes. Have you considered Gotcha? It sure is an inexpensive system since you already have the computer and probably a camera or two around.

X-10 has wireless cameras.

Low light/IR cameras are available for not too much money. Low voltage on some flood lights can provide alot of IR without producing alot of visable light.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Martes

I can't imagine NOT CAPTURING the perps in 15 breakins. Have you been to the newspapers with it yet? ATD, the armed guard company, and the cops might not like that.

It the comfort of the cat made the difference between capturing a thief or letting them go 14 extra times, I just might rethink that mindset, Tom. =:-0 I'm glad to hear that you're finally willing to dump a few ducats into a solution. So, is it installed YET? ;)

OK, laser 'em in half, then convey their remains to the automated night blaster.

- Interpreted Interpolations Done Dirt Cheap. -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Imagine: Cleveland-Ohio-Ghetto. You wouldn't be able to lift the paper if it reported all the crime.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

"Neeeever mind." in my best Lily Tomlin voice.

Cleveland, eh? In that case, why not mount some Browning M2s or Vickers Mk1s on the roof? ;) Perimeter grenades with tripwires?

Nasty lookin' Sopwith, wot?

----------------------------------------- Jack Kevorkian for Congressional physician!

Reply to
Larry Jaques