OT: Can't find Outlook Express

I setup a new box for my sister using a cool XPP unintended install that I found in a torrent. An absolute work of art by the author. I do have a legit license for it. The install loads a nice set of software and the end user is ready to go. However, it loads Firefox mail client instead of Outlook Express. I upgraded Internet explorer to v7 but still no OE. I thought they were integrated. You can't just download OE from MS. Sister doesn't like Firefox because it only forwards e-mail as an attachment and her day consists of forwarding jokes and recipes when she's not trying to make my life miserable.(we work together) Being that I would do ANYTHING to make her happy, I need to get OE on this box, hopefully without formatting the drive and starting over with a different OS version. Any ideas? I've Googled the shit out of it and called every guru I know to no avail. Could Firefox ban OE? I haven't uninstalled it yet.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Not Firefox, I meant to say Thunderbird...my spell checker should have caught that!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Is that so bad a thing?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Start->Run->msimn

See if that works.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

msimn.exe doesn't exist.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Unintended install? Is that something like an unintended OT-posting?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Sounds like the guy that packaged that had an opinion. Outside of using a genuine windblows disk to add/remove windows components I think you are out of luck. I'm not even sure if Outlook Express is a choice...

Wes

Reply to
Wes

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 16:54:43 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Gardner" quickly quoth:

Whassa "cool XPP unintended install", Tawm?

leaves me cold.

I've never seen a newish copy of Windows (97 on up) which did NOT have OE on it, unless Outlook replaced it. But most of the googlized links show Linux system references, where no OE has ever gone before.

Whassup, you silly Oh Aitch Tenner?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Oops, "unAttended install! The artist slipstreamed all the SPs and updates, drivers, Office, Abobe, Avast and a bunch of other stuff. You stick in the CD and walk away, come back to change out your key with the bogus one and then do any new updates. Want a copy?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

More like a unintended discharge! I suppose it should be "unAttended install"

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Bet you got it! He must have a way to block it, maybe he doesn't like it. I'll try to peel it off another version of XPP.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 01:59:43 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Gardner" quickly quoth:

Certainly _not_, if it eats OE. I've gotten used to the prog now.

-- Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government: Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it. --John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 07 Dec 2007 02:01:14 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Gardner" quickly quoth:

Send some tampons to Germany, will ya, Tawm? There's a lot of stinky OT-pretending-to-be-on-topic discharge from there.

-- Smokey the Bear's rules for fire safety should apply to government: Keep it small, keep it in a confined area, and keep an eye on it. --John Stossel in _Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity_

Reply to
Larry Jaques

One can get used to hanging, if one hangs long enough...

Reply to
cavelamb himself

Sounds like a handy thing to have.

Got a link?

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

From your original

"Sister doesn't like Firefox because it only forwards e-mail as an attachment"

No it doesn't. For version 2.x Go: Tools > Options > Composition > General Forward messages has a drop down box where you can choose either "inline" (what she prefers) or "As Attachment."

Much preferable to changing to OE.

-- Regards Malcolm Remove sharp objects to get a valid e-mail address

Reply to
Malcolm Moore
êx?T]oÛ8|?ØÉàÊn??[´.Z pP  w??PÒJdLqe~XQý-%'¨£¤è?lI\ggf??ìù··÷dá? ºá ?hÿ??ÞÅwk:¸??©x­µä?Bb°u«j1_?g³³åòÏ+µHçóåÅ o÷æ2MÓäzß?¾[´ÖêÝT½XîK_?µ\?]8âeh/´*DQX&°.ÔS´N?]?Sý
Reply to
Tom Gardner

Why in Croms name would you want to load Outleak Exploder?

There are virtually dozens of hip slick and cool FREE email programs such as Pegasus or Eudora that are heads and hands way better than OE.

Seems like the author did you a favor. Even Mozilla/Thunderbird is better

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I'll take a look around a bit. It is titled as Unattended Install ?

If I cannot find what seems to be it, I'll dig out a gmail account and set it up as a file dump. Easier than muckin' about wit' the limits on my email inbox!

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Because strangely enough some people actually like OE! I have run darned near every e-mail program out there and I eventually go back to OE. I have Xnews on this machine right now and rarely use it. OE may not be very fancy, but if you just want to read mail, and Usenet it works fine. Greg

Reply to
Greg O