OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

I cited 2000 numbers if you recall, idiot. You claim to have cites that disprove them....feel free to do so.

Bullshit, idiot. Nothing but state laws as cited on the NRA-ILA site that you claim to know so well.

Rest of the bullshit deleted unread. Ask anyone, idiot....you get a max of five lines when you're an idiot.

ral

Reply to
Richard Lewis

Yes, it does, idiot.

If those don't satisfy you, idiot, try the FBI site that Bob cited below.

Which stats did I make up, idiot?

ral

Reply to
Richard Lewis

If you count the states with unpermited open carry..I believe you will get 25 or over. If you will note..the foot notes indicated if they have ccw, if a ccw permit is required to carry openly (some do) but the ones which have true open carry, no restrictions, no permits are there.

I posted them with the footnotes so as not to be accused of dishonesty.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

Ive used a lot of data from the DOJ. One of the major problems with them..is the data tends to be 5-9 yrs old and while ok for showing trends when compared to data from other sources..it aint fresh.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

Well, he's a detective, so he had it under his jacket. But his jacket was open. And, he is a detective, so he's a bit smarter than the average cop. I'd guess an IQ of about

Yes. In this case it was the Sheriff's father.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Huh? What I do now?

Oh.

Would y'all please try to stop using Bingo. Messes up my searches. Use like, Zingo or Dingo or JBo instead.

Thank u

*This has been a Public Service Announcement. Paid for by the Bazil For President cookie drive, The National Truckers Institute, and private donations from un-wed mothers.*
Reply to
Bing

Words. Five *words*.

Jim

jim rozen

"By all means, I would be interested in reading some "Pent-head Propaganda"."

Info on pent head design:

"The modern, now almost universal low pent roof, narrow valve angle style four valves per cylinder combustion chamber, was designed, or re-invented etc., by Keith Duckworth of Cosworth engineering in 1966 for the incredibly successful Cosworth DFV Formula One engine. This engine dominated world Formula One racing from 1967 to 1983 and produced one hundred and fifty-five world championship victories. The advantages to this type of combustion chamber are focusing the compressed charge to the spark plug, raising an engine's knock threshold and the ability to run higher compression ratios. Additionally, higher port runner angles and of course more valve curtain and port area are also major advantages."

"Note how little advance a four valve, pent roofed combustion chamber needs, this is because of the very short and equal length flame paths from the centrally placed plug promoting a very fast burn. Engines with a faster burn time have a much higher RPM potential, the faster the burn, the less advance requirement, and therefore the fewer problems at high RPM. This is why Grand Prix engines have many small cylinders; these have small combustion chambers that have very fast burn times, allowing much higher RPM than engines with fewer large cylinders. "

"...Yamaha's 4-valve pent-roof combustion chamber with its centrally located spark plug is about near-perfect, which means it can extract more power out of the burn than a poorly designed combustion chamber. Some of the venerable small and big block high compression V8's of yore had absolutely rotten combustion chamber designs, making their octane requirements higher than the more efficient designs of today. Additionally, modern engine management systems are able to detect trace knock and manage spark timing much more effectivey than older systems with fixed mechanical and vacuum advance curves."

"The chamber of choice of the Japanese "super" bikes (the Kawasaki Ninja, the Honda Hurricane, the Yamaha FZR, etc.) and Indy and Formula 1 engines, the pent-roof permits a flat (or even concave) piston, a cylinder head that is only slightly domed, and a centrally placed spark plug. The effect is that the fuel and air mix are ignited rapidly because the mix is concentrated tightly around the plug. That allows higher compression ratios to be used with less fear of dreaded detonation-the charge quickly burns before the detonation. There's another benefit of the pent-roof design. Because the mixture is inflamed quickly, heat loss to cooler parts of the head is cut down so more energy is available to push the piston down. And the flatter combustion chamber offers less material (124cc to the Hemi's

167cc of combustion chamber) to further impede heat-energy loss. Additionally, a pent-roof design allows for generous squish areas-flat sections of the chamber roof where the near contact of the piston to the head creates turbulence."

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

And, of course, you come along to add another data point to the idiot list.

The 'emotional idiots' are people who think that they need a gun to be safe.

When are you going to admit that John Lott has lied about his research?

Why can't you answer that simple question?

Reply to
Carl Nisarel

BottleBob wrote

Do *you* understand the difference between robbery and armed robbery?

Do you understand the difference between having "a 'loved one' assaulted by a unethical criminal, intent on taking stuff and doing bodily harm" and those statistics?

If you do not, you're simply one of the idiots. Richard's data does not match Richards claim. His claim was simply emotional drivel unsupported by actual data.

Dude, those are not the relevant statistics. Richard created the definition and then moved the goalpost.

Are you aware of the fact that most assaults and rapes are committed by someone known to the victim?

Reply to
Carl Nisarel

"JTMcC" wrote ....

When did you stop beating your wife?

Reply to
Carl Nisarel

Hey, I thought he lied about being Mary Roush. Oh. That too. Never mind. LOL. Truly amazing that after a long morning of moving snow around, small things can make one smile.

Jim

jim rozen

Carl:

The main heading for robberies at the above side doesn't distinguish between armed and unarmed robberies. But further down it does list the percentage (42.1%) of robberies where a firearm is used. Why is this "armed" distinction of robbery important to you?

I would venture to guess that most of those robbery and assault victims had someone to care about them and were therefore the "loved one" of someone else.

You seem pretty free with calling other people idiots on marginal data. My involvement was initiated by seeing your comments to the effect that Richard Lewis was making up his data out of thin air, so I looked to see if that were true. I then posted the data I found. Whether it completely matches Richard Lewis' data or not is not my concern. Just as whether it matches your beliefs on what the data should be, or not, isn't a concern of mine either.

I saw where you said that before. I have no information on which to judge whether it's actually a "fact" or not. Do you have a credible site that DOES have this information?

BTW, thinking about it right now, as soon as an "acquaintance" or "family member" engages in the act of robbery, rape, or assault of another... then they BECOME "an unethical criminal, intent on taking stuff and doing bodily harm", do they not? One minute a friend, next minute a felon.

Reply to
BottleBob

Well, the one that Larry found comes from a mid-year 2002 survey. I'm using the mid-year 2001 survey here because I used 2001 figures.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Depending on how you define "permit," the number is well over 25...except that you can't carry openly on many of the "streets" of many of them. See below.

Not correct. Several that allow open carry without CCW also require permits to purchase.

The DoJ list is just a guideline, a place to start. Then you have to read the relevant laws for each of the 50 states. I did. In some cases, the DoJ summaries are misleading.

But there is no way that you can come up with 25 states in which open carry isn't either restricted by local laws, or in which permits aren't required, if you use a literal definition of "permits." That's why I allowed some latitude in trying to come close to "Andrew Ford's" number. Richard did, too. He had to include states that have varying amounts of local restriction on open carry, or which have local requirements for permits.

For example, Kansas. Most cities and large towns in Kansas either require a permit to purchase, or disallow open carry, or both. It makes "Ford's" number a little silly at best. It would be interesting to know what states he had in mind...especially the ones that allow "anyone" to buy a gun.

I didn't say you were dishonest, Gunner. It's just that the footnotes don't tell the whole story.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Did he lie IN his research,(which has been backed up by Kleck, Mustard, and the DOJ) or about his research?

And of course Cites for either one if you dare.

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

And this means what?

I notice you keep bringing this up. So?

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

Umm, gunner - as far as 'keeps bringing a subject up' I would suggest you install a lightning rod soonest on your dwelling.

Jim

jim rozen

So Churl...hows the significant other? He still keeping you on a leash down at the Blue Oyster Saturday Night Saturnella?

Being Sunday..Im surprised you are well enough to be able to post. Ill hazard to bet you are typing standing up eh?

Snicker...

Laugh laugh laugh

Gunner

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

I think the other stat is that one is most likely to be killed or assaulted by a co-worker, at your place of employement.

This does not mean that work is dangerous, rather, it simply means that most folks spend more time at work than at home.

Jim

jim rozen