OT Environmentalists may be in deep Kimchee

Where's Abrasha when we need him? There must be at least a half-dozen places in this thread where you've used "whom" when it should have been "who." Maybe it's just me (and Abrasha?), but the sound of "whom" in the above sentence is more grating to me than the sound of fingernails on a chalkboard. Just an observation...

Bert

Reply to
Bert

He was stupid enough to wear the damn thing out in the open, to be seen by all. Does not speak well of the IQ standards for that force.

Heh. It's nice to have friends.

Jim

jim rozen

Thanks for the (I think) compliment.

And the laugh from the second part. You are probably correct about that potential scenario.

mj

Reply to
michael

Yes, idiotic.

Having a "'loved one' assaulted by a unethical criminal, intent on taking stuff and doing bodily harm" does not happen hundreds of thousands of times a year.

Most assaults are committed by someone known to the victim. IOW, the chances are greater that your wife or daughter would be assaulted by you than by some "unethical criminal".

Reply to
Carl Nisarel

"Dan" wrote .....

See:

Kellerman, A., et al. 1993 "Gun Ownership as a Risk Factor for Homicide in the Home." New England Journal of Medicine. 329, pgs.

1084-1091.

(Watch the gunnuts go crazy on this one)

See also:

Grossman DC, Reay DT, Baker SA. 1999. "Self inflicted and unintentional firearm injuries among children and adolescents: the source of the firearm," Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 153, pgs. 875-878.

Reply to
Carl Nisarel

Jeez. I'm going to have to fix that. I'll go look at the stupid crap Richard has been posting, and see what I can do to correct your impression.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Jeez. I'm going to have to fix that. I'll go look at the stupid crap Richard has been posting, and see what I can do to correct your impression.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Define "idiotic" as it pertains to the scenario you critiqued, Carl.

Doesn't?

Oh, I get it. You're making the same old mistake that the idiot formerly known as ed was above....you're assuming I meant perhaps one state etc and that I would intentionally lie to you rather than simply state the facts and let them prove themselves?

Armed robberies in the US in 2000....408K; rape....90K; assault....910K etc etc etc.

Sure looks like "hundreds of thousands of times a year" to me.....idiot.

ral

Reply to
Richard Lewis

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 22:42:39 GMT, Sunworshiper wrote something ......and in reply I say!:

NO Shit! So shoot them!

NO Shit! So shoot ...him!

So thropw the lighter down the gas tank and blow the hole thing to pieces, man! Fuck! You so weak!

WelL those mestizos, ya know? I tol yya to blo the blak dude away! He biger than u! Sheeit!

So jus blo m away, man!

So he blew away the other driver, and nobody to know differnt, huh? Smart move I reckon!

Like I said. you are the best argument for gun control......

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Imagine a _world_ where Nature's lights are obscured by man's. There would be nowhere to go. Or wait a while. Then you won't have to imagine.

Reply to
Old Nick

Don't do it- you'll wind up melting down your arsenal (or is it armory?) just to disassociate yourself from him.

-Carl

P.S. I always understood a collection of small arms was called a "cannon", but maybe that's an old term.

Reply to
Carl Byrns

No, it's a person who collects microphone connectors. Really.

Jim

jim rozen

Fuck off, idiot. There's enough of your kind in this discussion already.

ral

Reply to
Richard Lewis

You have it right.

BTW, thanks for letting me have a little go after months of taking the Usual Suspects (copyright Vic Mimoni) lies and knowing I would not continue down their path.... or hoping anyway. LOL

Very much appreciated. :>)

If I have sometime this weekend I will try and find some links on why pent heads rule. Don't know if anyone will have much to say about the laser that gets fired across the combustion chamber to ignite the mixture in a F1 motor.

It is the limited quench area that is the problem with a hemi head. You can get around this somewhat buy using dual plugs and putting a flat on top of the piston... still not as good as the pent head design. I know you Mopar guys can't deal with this though. LOL.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Sorry..its just one of my many quirks. Shrug. But if it really bugs you..Ill use it more.

Gunner

"No man shall be debarred the use of arms. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm those only who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants. They ought to be designated as laws not preventative but fearful of crimes, produced by the tumultuous impression of a few isolated facts, and not by thoughtful consideration of the inconveniences and advantages of a universal decree." - Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Gunner

Got me gigglin again.

By all means, I would be interested in reading some "Pent-head Propaganda". I was going to just put the "g" in there, but something just does not feel right when I do that. Maybe it is this nagging mental picture......

Yes, truly tough to deal with some things, as you are aware. Just wondering, do you have any stats on the relative use of pent vs. Hemi head design by the top classes in the NHRA? I could be wrong, as I haven't been following the sport much the last few years, but I think the ratio may be skewed heavily toward one design.

Your turn, Jon.

Seriously, send the links you mentioned whenever time permits to my email if you would. I lose track of news threads sometimes. Thanks, bud.

mj

Reply to
michael

"By all means, I would be interested in reading some "Pent-head Propaganda"."

Okay. Now I'm really motivated. LOL :>)

It sucks when someone destroys something you want to use because it is now gives off bad karma to use it.

Drag racing is Bob's forte. I still know nothing about it. Roadracing is where my interests have always been. I would think drag racing is still Hemi dominated. Pent heads and multi valves are probably restricted / banned by the rules. Lots of valve placement advantages to the pent head design as well. I believe *every* F1 car uses the pent head design.

I'll do both. Sometimes when I post this stuff someone who does not want to participate in the newsgroup e-mails with something interesting.

jon

Reply to
jon banquer

Alabama(1);

Alaska(2);

Arizona;

Arkansas(3);

California(4);

Colorado;

Connecticut

Delaware(2);

Georgia

Idaho

Indiana

Iowa(5);

Kansas(2);

Kentucky;

Louisiana;

Maine;

Maryland(5);

Michigan(1);

Minnesota

Mississippi;

Missouri(2);

Montana;

Nebraska(2);

Nevada(2);

New Hampshire(1);

New Mexico;

North Carolina;

Ohio(2);

Oregon(2);

Pennsylvania(1)--Philadelphia(1,5);

Rhode Island(5);

South Dakota;

Texas(3);

Vermont;

Virginia(2)--Alexandria and some other counties (5);

Washington;

West Virginia;

Wisconsin(6);

Wyoming

  1. CCW required for open carry in a vehicle

  1. Additional restrictions may be at a local level

  2. Only allowed when traveling

  1. Only allowed with special permit or license; additional restrictions may apply

  2. Open carry requires CCW permit

  1. Open carry prohibited in vehicle; permitted on person.

No 220-pound thug can threaten the well-being or dignity of a 110-pound woman who has two pounds of iron to even things out. Is that evil? Is that wrong? People who object to weapons aren't abolishing violence, they're begging for the rule of brute force, when the biggest, strongest animals among men were always automatically "right". Guns end that, and social democracy is a hollow farce without an armed populace to make it work. - L. Neil Smith

Reply to
Gunner

I think he's gonna have to look that one up too.

:^)

Jim

jim rozen