OT: Explorer (11) upgrade problems with windows 7

Be warned before you download and install the m/s explorer

11 update that it does not work on my computer.

Fortunately my main browser is Firefox 25, which seems to be working well, except for some explorer [11] specific features which some site designers insist on using (such as correctly displaying the button). [Thought -- did healthcare.gov test for compatibility with older versions of explorer and other browsers such as Opera and Firefox?]

my system: O/S windows 7 home premium machine Acer Aspire laptop 5552-3452 AMD dual core

4 gb mem

Explorer 11 downloaded and installed c. 3PM 07Nov13 Latest m/s system patches downloaded and installed before Explorer upgrade.

Let the group know how your upgrade goes/went.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

========================== FWIW- Recovery procedure on my laptop.

To return to your previous version of explorer undo the update to version 11 following the directions on the following site

You can download the M/S upgrade directly from the M/S website (c. 56 mb) and then try to reinstall. There are versions for both 32 and 64 bit versions of win7 so be sure to get the right one.

When I uninstalled the v.11 update, my old v.10 came back and seems to run OK. As it ain't broke, I ain't gonna fix it...

Reply to
F. George McDuffee