OT: Failure to post

I have tried to post responses on some of the threads but they are not getting through. On some threads I can get through on the second attempt, elsewhere two attempts failed. It happens infrequently but often enough to be a pain. It happens even on threads where I have previously posted successfully.

One does not want to appear ignoring other people's posts especially if they contain helpful advice.

My "sent' folder shows the posts OK, they just do not show up on the forum.

Does this happen to others? Is this a function of the forum, the newsgroup provider, the news reader, all of the above, none of the above...?

Reply to
Michael Koblic

Same here. Cause unknown.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Same here. Cause unknown.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I've seen a delay of minutes to hours on Google Groups.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

That one showed up as soon as I reloaded the group. jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I have had the same thing happen. Most often in threads with a lot of crossposted groups, I suspect spam filters are catching them in the outbound pipeline.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Wheaton

I have never failed to see my responses or original posts. ...lew...

Reply to
Lewis Hartswick

"Michael Koblic" fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news7.newsguy.com:

Yeah. It's getting REAL bad with the earthlink news servers. Sometimes I go for half a day without being able to update the article headers, and sometimes I just give up trying to post a response.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I started to see that after deja turned toast. The conversation will turn to some information I had never seen and wondering what the hell is going on, then hours or days later the post will show up upstream with a link to pictures. Must get hung up somewhere, happens once in awhile.

SW

Reply to
Sunworshipper

Teranews has dropped the occasional post , maybe one every four or five months . But overall I give them an "A" for service - especially since it's the free servers I use . -- Snag Wannabe Machinist

Reply to
Snag

Complain to them. They told me that I was the only one to report it. BTW, they outsource usenet to Giganews.

news:earthlink.support.usenet is the Eathlink newsgroup that used to be monitored by their NNTP server team.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hi Michael,

When this happens does your message appear on the server you post through (Newsguy) but does not appear on other outside news servers, or is it not showing up on your posting server?

I've had good luck posting through Newsguy over the years, and their support people should be able to find the hiccup if your posts are showing up on their servers first.

I'm not saying it's the case with your situation, but as an example some news servers won't accept messages if they're being crossposted to a large number of newsgroups, or if a post has a blank message body.

Stephen

---------------------------------------------- All The Newsgroups - $1 Month - Ends 9/30/10 NNTP & Web, Newsgroup Search, SSL Encryption NewsGuy Fall Madness -

Stephen

For what its worth, I think it's Earthlink messing up. (Michael BROKE it!) My posts were were not showing with Earthlink, but were showing in aioe.org.

Reply to
CaveLamb

Not without YOUR help, I didn't!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

DID SO!

Reply to
CaveLamb

Mommmmm!!!!

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Six hours is not an uncommon delay for email or news posts from Google, Earthlink, and others.

-- Some people hear voices. Some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You did a good job, too!

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I've had a delay of up to a day reading through GG. Some posters don't show up at all.

Fortunately, I normally use a proper nntp host, so I can filter out the junior politicians.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

It's probably "newsdawg" or "newsguy" at $19.95/month. Get eternal-september.org - it's free, and I've never seen it drop a post.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise