[OT] Great funeral

With my .45 cocked and locked, and one up the spout, in my Good holster.

Gunner

Gunner

That was really sobering. There was one lady who did that *every* night. Each night it was a different catch phrase but it happened over and over again. The staff had immense patience.

That is the one single thing that impressed me the most about the summer's experience, no matter how bad things got, no matter what was coming uncorked, I never did meet any heath care professional who was not well-intentioned and doing their level headed best to do a good job at whatever they were responsible for. There were no malevolent forces, only differing degrees of competence.

The name of the game was to maximize the competence factor apparently.

The healthcare system in the US is a pretty complex device, in more than one way.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Surely you wouldn't get buried with a _good_ .45, Gunner. Have it sent to me; I'll send back something more suitable, and you won't mind a bit.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Reminds me of an old Playboy cartoon of two angels watching another one cruise by in a sports car with a babe at his side and one saying to the other "Me too. I just assumed you couldn't take it with you."

Reply to
Jim McGill

Sell me your .45 for twice what it's worth and I'll leave a check in your box.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Post-dated, no doubt...

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Ive others. Ill put you on my bequeth list. This one has been my daily companion for over 30 yrs, and will continue to be for hopefully at least that long in the future.. Perferably 3x that long..but..shrug

Gunner, a firm believer in the Viking Funeral concept.

Gunner

Thanks, uncle Gunner!

Yeah. About that...my mom wants one of those when the time is appropriate, and I don't have the first clue on how to pull it off without seriously angering some authorities or others. I wonder if Norway would be open to it, or maybe Orkney?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

We have a zillion stories that we have been telling for days and laughing so hard it hurts.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Excellent. That's what I hope for when my time comes.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

She going to have Liberals bound and gagged at her feet to escort her to hell?

Gunner

Gunner

Which one? I have 11

Gunner

Gunner

"> Which one? I have 11

Send me a 1911 shooter that you won't care if I drill a few holes in it for a red-dot. I don't want your "Sunday-go-to-church" gun

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Heh... I'll mention that to her,she'll love it. But, seriously, where can you pull off the flaming funeral ship send-off and not get in trouble?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

OK, so 5 for Tom, 5 for me, and one for your hip. Seems fair. But, then how will I know which of my 8 to shoot?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Tom,

My dad just came home from a gun show and expressed his thoughts that he really shouldn't have had his Gold Cup drilled & tapped all those years ago...didn't want to give details but his eyes had "that look".

No point in setting up a separate slide for your scope mount, the best solution as you say is to build up another one. Essex frames aren't horrible, and with Wilson Combat components you can build a nice 1911 for not too much hassle. You can even go surplus USGI if you enjoy fitting. I think I used a milsurp USGI slide, barrel, and bushing. Not too horribly many hours later, I have a nice 1911 that works just fine, nice tight slide, and good lug engagement. Good winter project if nothing else.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You really dont have to tell the authorities, until after the fact. And then what are they gonna do? Your dead. They gonna proscecute ya?

GUnner

Gunner

You shoot the .41 Magnum of course.

Gunner

Gunner

Now wait just a damn minute. I'm not planning on being on the flaming boat _with her_; I'll be the guy on shore with plenty of evidence around me. I've got a couple Norwegian friends staying over for the next couple weeks, and they live right on Lake Mj/osa - largest lake in Norway, and probably host to events of that sort for 1200 years off and on. I should ask them what the deal is over there.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Ooooh, I don't have one of those. (thinks)...I wonder how that happened? OK, after the 1927A1, _then_ something in .41 Mag. But, the Thompson first, definately.

Reply to
Dave Hinz