OT - Gunner Quote

Drown and suicide are two different things.

Wayne (aka Captain Obvious)

Reply to
wmbjk

You haven't backed that up, not to mention that your claim was that *I* was the one suing, which you *can't* back up, because you made it up.

Once again, let's see a cite where I'm advocating forcing you to do anything. Is there an echo in here?

LOL I can see the veins in your neck... I think you're gonna' blow any minute! I'd watch Jeopardy if Bush was on it. Better yet Ben Stein's Money, where shrub could wear the pointy hat for the whole episode.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

I said you people, that would be you gaggle of leftwing loons.

You know damn well what lawsuits I'm talking about.

It's what liberals do.

Bush would do better than any of that leftwing freak circus trying to get nominated.

Strider

Reply to
Strider

Ah well he was probably a liberal anyway, a sub-human. Just one more person to hate.

Jim

jim rozen

I wasnt paying attention............

This about Bill Gates again ???

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Ah, the sound of Strider's brains falling on the floor. It doesn't make much noise, but it sure puts up a stink.

Speaking of which, when you get around to that enema, don't forget that Home Depot rents power washers.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The Nuremburg Trials were held by the Klan? Interesting world you live in Jim.

Actually..lynching is a Democrat staple. One only has to look at the South for many examples. You are aware that the vast majority of the Klan has historicaly been Democrats? Hummm lets look at some Democrat Governors shall we?

Lester Maddox Georg Wallace Patterson Conners

Seems the Republicans, despite the active resistance of the Democrats, managed to pass the Civil Rights Act of 1968. Robert Kennedy wiretapped, survailed, tracked and besmirched Dr. King. Which Democrat President freed the slaves? Lincoln was a Republican.

On a note closer to my heart..the roots of gun control in the US was created by Democrats making sure blacks were unable to defend themselves from the night riders.

Climb down from your ivory tower Jim..and admit your bias and core racism.

Gunner

"As my father told me long ago, the objective is not to convince someone with your arguments but to provide the arguments with which he later convinces himself." David Friedman

Reply to
Gunner

Yeah, it was all those liberal Democrats who populated the Klan.

Gunner, are you getting into word magic, or do you think anyone is so stupid that they don't recognize what you're doing here? As for those moderate Republicans, primarily Ev Dirksen, who pushed through the CVA (it was 1964, BTW, not 1968), I thought you said that moderate Republicans are RINOs?

So, which is it, are you now saying that you've come to realize that southern Democrats actually were right-wing conservatives, which is true (and they're almost all Republicans now, having converted during the '70s and '80s), and that real Republicans are actually pro-civil-rights moderates, which also is true?

BTW, where was your usual when you mentioned Abe Lincoln?

Ed Huntress A Dirksen Republican since 1980

Reply to
Ed Huntress

With me it's dollars are dollars, and a big percentage of nothing much is still nothing much.

With you, a soccer team that won a soccer game last year and two this year, out of 40 games, is having a banner year and is devastating the competition.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You don't seem to get it.

I suggest that lynching is bad, no matter who does it. Equating the members of a political party with 'evil' is only a short step away from an "end justifies the means" approach to solving your political issues by lynching somebody.

You want to hang democrats. Other folks want to tie gays to a pickup truck and drag 'em. Tie on a dynamite jacket and go out marketing maybe. Fill in the blanks ad nauseum.

I wasn't so much talking politics there as I pointing out (yet again, sigh - even it it was to a different person) that if you view the world through black/white glasses, and the only kind of paint you have is checkered black/white, then you are pretty limited in your approach to difference or conflict.

In spite of the fact that such a person has a warm, comfortable, fuzzy feeling when they think about themselves, they're gonna be sorely disapointed and quite upset when they have to walk around amongst the rest of the population. The only way it really works is if you sit in your own private unibomber cabin forever - even that's been shown to have its drawbacks too though.

Jim

jim rozen

Did you make me spill my coffee?

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

Soccer? what is that? Is it like baseball? Remind again me how many countries attend the World Series?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

LOL This whole plonking business is goofy. Why would anyone care who you read, or who you don't? Is he supposed to be insulted? But if you're going to plonk someone, and want to make a big deal of it, I think you're supposed to say "massive plonk" or some such. Plink makes it seem like you're a dismal typist, speller or proof reader, take your pick. Either that or you're a girly boy.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

Oh man, even the most diehard partisan rightwingnut should know better than to claim a shrub victory on Jeopardy, even if it was against grade eighters. He's afraid to hold news conferences for cryin' out loud.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

'Having trouble staying focused are you, Tom? Do you want to continue to try to explain how a $330 per capita increase is greater than a $1,064 per capita increase? Or have you given up on that, and want to spill out some more of your anti-American bile on another subject?

As for the Series, I'm worried about Boston this year. If they get A-Rod in a trade -- and even if they don't -- they could be trouble for my beloved Yanks.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The Yankees? I just knew there was something wrong with you. Sue

Reply to
Sue

You have got your knickers in a twist!

Why should I explain anything? You're the one that stated that a 3.1% growth is greater than 9.1% growth, I'm not up with the "new" maths, or should I say spin?

What's with the "World" Series, Ed? Not maintaining too much of a focus yourself, I thought the question was simple enough, even for you. Perhaps you're in need of some antacid..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Gee, not that I've noticed. Perhaps you're projecting?

But it IS, Tom, if you start from a much higher base. In the case of the US versus China, 3.1% is actually three times more growth than 8.2%.

Did you have a bit of trouble with mathematics in school, perhaps? Do you actually know how to calculate a percentage, or is it all magic to you?

Do you want to talk baseball, then? What do you think about the Astros this year, with both Pettit and Clemens as starters? Do you think Clemens has anything left in that arm, at 41?

Hey, Jesse Orosco announced his retirement today. Jeez, a 47-year-old pitcher...

Concerning the World Series, is New Zealand planning to challenge for the title? Maybe they'll do something like what they did the first time they challenged for the America's Cup: field a 128-foot-long boat in a class that only allows 64-footers. It seems you have some very good sports lawyers who found a loophole...

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Alright Ed, next time someone offers you a raise, shoot for 3%, cos that's better than 9...:-)

As for baseball, not into minority sports, although I had heard that some team was having to import talent from Japan?

As for the AC, the general thought while the US retained it, was that: "Britannia rules the waves, but the US waives the rules.." :-)

What the NYYC spent on winning the Cup in the court rooms over the years would probably have been greater than the GDP of many countries..:-)

Tom

Reply to
Tom

(snips)

Which would you rather have, Tom, $4,000 * 1.09 or $40,000 *

1.03? It shouldn't be too hard to figure out, even for you.

(rest snipped)

-- Robert Sturgeon, proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy and the evil gun culture.

Reply to
Robert Sturgeon