OT - Has the world gotten more stupid lately?

A international news article states that a letter- bomb looked "homemade" Does this mean you can go over to Ace Hardware and buy a factory made letterbomb?

The SacBee reports a truck crashed into a tree and the driver dead from a bullet wound. The law enforcement agency involved stated that it appeared the bullet wound and accident were related. Dick fsking Tracy.

I'm watching a mindless tv show a couple of nights ago. The bad guy leans out the passenger side of the car with a double-barrel shotgun and shoots someone. Then we hear the click-clack of a pump action being cycled and the bad guy shoots again.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

_You_ can't, and not from Ace Hardware, but there are outfits that produce such devices to order, for specially approved customers.

He could easily have been shot by some idiotic hunter who mistook him for a deer after the accident.

Now that's stupid. Definitely.

Al Moore

Reply to
Alan Moore

Guy probably could have survived if they hadn't gutted him....

No more than squealing tires on dirt roads.... Ken.

Reply to
Anonymous

No, it was always more stupid.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Didya catch what make/model? I've always wanted a double barrel 12ga pump....

Heck, that might make an interesting shop project now that I think about it... Anyone know of a brand of pump shotgun available in a right and left hand version?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Or he could have been shot by a rabid gun control fanatic.

Gunner

1971 Remington Wingmaster Left-Hand Shotgun

Though if I was going to build a double barreled pump shotgun..Id mate a pair of Ithica Mod 37s or 87s, they eject from the bottom. Probably the Military and Police models. Just find a couple cop cars outside a donut shop..chances are good those are Ithicas in the rack...

These might tickle your fancy:

one is actually quite fun to shoot

Of course I actually prefer the Birdmans:

and of course for you Glock owners..da Birdman has the ultimate sight system
Gunner

Gunner

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 04:34:22 GMT, "Leo Lichtman" brought forth from the murky depths:

We can blame the media for making us more aware of it. Multi-million dollar box office hits "Dumb and Dumber" and "Dumb and Dumberer" + all the shitcoms on TV + look who's at the reins in D.C. (now and for the previous 8 years) are but a few examples.

(Where's my cave? I want to go hide some more.)

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.

Larry Jaques

| |Though if I was going to build a double barreled pump shotgun..Id mate a |pair of Ithica Mod 37s or 87s, they eject from the bottom. Probably the |Military and Police models. Just find a couple cop cars outside a donut |shop..chances are good those are Ithicas in the rack...

Note with which hand the donut is gripped, before acting. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

I think the driver was so embarrassed at having wrecked his truck he committed suicide.

Reply to
Hitch

And we cannot forget pistols that shoot 68 times with a ten shot clip. OR 4 speed stick shift hot rod cars in the movies that just keep shifting and shifting and shifting and shifting ....................through about 11 gears.

Any idiot can count.

Well, most idiots, that is.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:14:28 GMT, Gunner brought forth from the murky depths:

Suhweeeeeeet! (Jane's Defence doesn't give away those CDs. I was astounded at the prices: $1,370-$3,890 per disc. Are there cheap civilian versions at $20 anywhere?)

I sent email to him to see if they really are for sale. It's the perfect home defense gun with ammo right there on my shelves already! ;) Did you watch the Nuke50 video?

Homey don't play dat.

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.

Larry Jaques

WAHAHAHA! Oh man, I'm dyin' over here!

Reply to
Artemia Salina

I don't remembere the TV shows, but I was really surprised to see one in which the cop had a over and under shotgun. And a few days later I saw another show where the policeman had a double barrel shotgun.

Dan

Reply to
Dan Caster

A couple of years ago there was a commercial playing regularly on TV that pictures a guy standing in the road looking at steam coming out of the engine compartment of his car. The only problem was that car was a Porsche Speedster (or replica)... I think it was a commercial for a man's cologne. Maybe the ad agency figured that their target market was guys that wouldn't know the difference.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Grey

I don't know about double pumps, but the 1986 Gun Digest has a brief article, "The Burgess of Conyers", about a double, lever action, shotgun/rifle. Both sides are repeaters, the rifle chambered for .44-40 and the shotgun for "perhaps 16-gauge".

R, Tom Q.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

This is one of those advertisements that you wonder if the advertiser approved.

Announcer, "WELLBUTRIN XL is prescribed for the treatment of depression, but it is not for everyone. If you take WELLBUTRIN XL, there is a risk of seizure, which is increased in patients with certain medical problems or in patients taking certain medicines. Do not take if you have or had a seizure or eating disorder. Don't use if you take an MAOI, or any medicine that contains bupropion such as WELLBUTRIN SR or ZYBAN. You should not take WELLBUTRIN XL if you are abruptly stopping the use of alcohol or sedatives. When used with a nicotine patch or alone, there is a risk of increased blood pressure, sometimes severe. To reduce risk of serious side effects, tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney problems. Other side effects may include weight loss, dry mouth, nausea, difficulty sleeping, dizziness, and sore throat."

Then our smiling model says, "Ah, back to my old self again!"

I would think if you had all those problems, depression would be preferable .

Reply to
andy asberry

Having been on happy pills for a fraction under two years now I can verify that it is a case of "choose the side effects that you are prepared live with". I can pass for normal now, but I'd still rather defenestrate the couple of managers at work who caused the problems in the first place ;-|

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

My last sentence was insensitive. I apologize.

Reply to
andy asberry

So would that mean that you'd have to fire both barrels in order not to eject unfired rounds, or is there a way to select a barrel to fire and reload? Sounds like a very interesting action for the sake of curiosity at least.

Reply to
Artemia Salina