Not looking good, Graeme :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Go where?

Reply to
Mark Newton

They did, just did not go well enough!

Congrats to all To-and-froms who support their team, and to a magnificent English Rugby Team who showed what commitment was! Roll on the next RWC!

(Hint - Austs 2007 fly-half will be a Novocastrian. Initials AJ. Nickname "Joey".)

Steve Newcastle-In-Mourning, NSW, Oz

Reply to
Steve Magee

"Graeme Hearn" wrote

Loosers! :-)

I'll take a victory over the Aussies at any sport, especially when the

*real* match is played this evening.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

We lost but what a close game. Well done Poms. Graeme Hearn

Reply to
Graeme Hearn

In message , Graeme Hearn writes

Yes, but from the statistics, Australia could have won it.

1 Tries 1 0 Pen tries 0 0/1 Conversions 0/1 4/6 Penalty goals 4/4 0/0 Drop goals 1/5
Reply to
John Sullivan

But they didn't ....

Murhahahahahahaha ... :-)

Reply to
Chris Wilson

In message , Chris Wilson writes

That won't stop them whinging about it, though, will it?

Reply to
John Sullivan

Some of us couldn't give a big rat's arse either way. :-)

Mark,

Sick of hearing about bloody football,

Sydney, Australia.

Reply to
Mark Newton

"John Turner" wrote

OK, I concede the *Kangaroos* did the business in the RL Test match tonight. Dead and buried with five minutes to play, they pulled it round in majestic style with tries, not penalty kicks and drop goals.

One apiece today I reckon, although my guess is you Aussies would have swapped today's RL victory for the RU World Cup. :-)

Good games, good games!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

G'day again John, No not really, They are both Pommie Games that we play for something to do. Tiddly Winks is our main interest. Graeme Hearn

Reply to
Graeme Hearn

"Graeme Hearn" wrote

I bet Mr. Bradman would have something to say in gentle disagreement with that! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John:

There is a natural order to things.

England invents games, the rest of the world then shows how they should be played. The exception is football - round ball version. Dang, we can't even qualify for the Football World Cup. :-(

But ... wasn't it 3 - 1 the last time Aust played England at football?

Enjoy your cup. Until next time. :)

Steve

Reply to
Steve Magee

See what I mean? :-)

Reply to
John Sullivan

In message , John Turner writes

But surely that's because penalty and drop goals are not worth as many points in rugby league as they are in union, so it's not worth going for them unless you only need the one to win.

Reply to
John Sullivan

LOL!

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

The message from "Graeme Hearn" contains these words:

Just take good care of your winking thumb - a sprained winking thumb can put you out of the game for life!

Rough sport is Tiddly-Winks...

Reply to
David Jackson

"John Sullivan" wrote

Precisely! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Yes, but you left off the most important statistic, the dollars (or pounds) invested in the effort to win what was once a **sporting** event!!

Throw enough money at an issue and it can certainly help!!

Reply to
Jeff Law