Hornby face lift

Looks like Hornby have had a home page facelift i like the new look kindest regards Simon judd http://www.modeldepot.co.uk

Anyone else find that IE7 repeatedly crashess when clicking links on the new site?
Still no meaningful info on the DCC decoder.
MBQ
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said the following on 06/12/2006 14:18:

Yup. Works fine on Firefox 2 though :-)
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /

That's fine for the one or two percent that use Firefox! ;-)
John.
Hi John,
> That's fine for the one or two per cent that use Firefox! ;-)
It's currently about 15% and rising fast.
Martin.
John Turner said the following on 06/12/2006 15:12:

Last time I looked it was around 13-14%, and rising very rapidly. On my own website, it was around 25-30%, but then I changed ISP and lost the ability to be able to tell!
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /

ZDnet reckon 20% across Europe as a whole, but only 11% in UK. Of course, the biggest model railway market in Europe is .de, and there Firefox has a 30% market share.
Opera has about 1% in .uk, rising to 5-10% in the Nordic countries, which figures.
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39247539,00.htm
--
Andy Breen ~ Not speaking on behalf of the University of Wales, Aberystwyth
Feng Shui: an ancient oriental art for extracting
Andrew Robert Breen said the following on 06/12/2006 16:00:

And that report is 11 months old, so I'm sure the figures have risen again since.
So, John - you were saying? ;-)
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /

LOL - I was saying it was a minority, although maybe a bigger minority than I thought.
John.
John Turner said the following on 06/12/2006 16:17:

My own feelings are that the Firefox percentage rise will slow down with the release of IE7 simply because IE7 has copied most of the best bits of Firefox, so many people won't change. http://www.msfirefox.com/ is mildly amusing!
Anyway, these days it's the minorities that seem to have more say in everything :-)
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /

It must be close to saturation point now. I've been using IE for close on eight years and have no reason to change, and the same must be true of all the millions who purchase PCs with Windows pre-installed.

Can't argue with that!
John.
For interest, I've included the browsers table from a web access log from one of our (British) products.
I'm afraid our records simply don't bear out the Firefox claims made in this group.
This report is for the complete month of October 2006. (#3 is revealed elsewhere in the report to be search engines)[The site is a subscription site and generally not indexed by Google etc...] Also of interest is that this data was collected before IE7 was pushed onto users through the critical update system. It's worthy of note that IE6 has held market share fantastically despite FireFox being 6 or so years newer.
Craig
Most Used Browsers
Browser Hits Visitors % of Total Visitors
1 Internet Explorer 6.x 320,606 2,240 73.44%
2 Internet Explorer 7.x 7,271 482 15.80%
3 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible;) 1,014 237 7.77%
4 Others 53 35 1.15%
5 Firefox 3,001 19 0.62%
6 Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Google Desktop) 7 7 0.23%
7 Internet Explorer 5.x 99 6 0.20%
8 Microsoft Data Access Internet Publishing Provider Protocol Discovery 20 5 0.16%
9 Microsoft Office Protocol Discovery 4 4 0.13%
10 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; Trend Micro tmdr 1.2-1003) 8 4 0.13%
11 asterias/2.0 8 2 0.07%
12 Safari 36 2 0.07%
13 Internet Explorer 4.x 69 2 0.07%
14 MSFrontPage/6.0 2 2 0.07%
15 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MS FrontPage 6.0) 2 2 0.07%
16 Konqueror 2 1 0.03%
Total 332,202 3,050 100.00%

(oops! perhaps this will be more legible)
[...]

Craig Douglas said the following on 08/12/2006 23:34:

No, and nor do my records. The last set of records I had showed that 25-30% of people using my website were using Mozilla-based browsers. That doesn't match the official records either, but in the other direction.
Now then, I wonder what that shows? That going by any one individual website proves absolutely bugger all. Perhaps our respective websites attract different types of modeller :-)
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /
Andrew Robert Breen wrote:

Of course, this all only really matters to people who design browser-specific websites. And there won't be many of those types left, Once I'm In Power...
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

When's that?
--
John Bishop

John Bishop wrote:

Once the builders have finished building me the wall for people to be put against. It is going to have to be a very long one...
--
Arthur Figgis

left,
Can I be charge of the firing squad? Can I, can I, please?
(kim)

You could halve the time by using both sides.
Simon

my
course,
which
You have my vote already!
Any chance of doing away with mobile phones too?
(kim)