Hornby face lift

Looks like Hornby have had a home page facelift
i like the new look
kindest regards
Simon judd

Simon Judd
Anyone else find that IE7 repeatedly crashess when clicking links on the new site?
Still no meaningful info on the DCC decoder.
MBQ
Reply to
manatbandq
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com said the following on 06/12/2006 14:18:
Yup. Works fine on Firefox 2 though :-)
Reply to
Paul Boyd
"Paul Boyd" wrote
That's fine for the one or two percent that use Firefox! ;-)
John.
Reply to
John Turner
wrote
Just tried the Hornby website and it seems to be working ok on my anicent shop computer, but I'm still running IE6. Maybe the fault is with IE7???
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Hi John,
It's currently about 15% and rising fast.
Martin.
Reply to
Martin Wynne
Could be but every other web site I use works just fine. Maybe Hornby are just so far ahead of the game now they've gone digital ;-)
MBQ
Reply to
manatbandq
John Turner said the following on 06/12/2006 15:12:
Last time I looked it was around 13-14%, and rising very rapidly. On my own website, it was around 25-30%, but then I changed ISP and lost the ability to be able to tell!
Reply to
Paul Boyd
ZDnet reckon 20% across Europe as a whole, but only 11% in UK. Of course, the biggest model railway market in Europe is .de, and there Firefox has a 30% market share.
Opera has about 1% in .uk, rising to 5-10% in the Nordic countries, which figures.
Andrew Robert Breen
Andrew Robert Breen said the following on 06/12/2006 16:00:
And that report is 11 months old, so I'm sure the figures have risen again since.
So, John - you were saying? ;-)
Reply to
Paul Boyd
"Paul Boyd" wrote
LOL - I was saying it was a minority, although maybe a bigger minority than I thought.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
Thanks for bringing that up John, it's at least week since I last witnessed a OE versus Firefox flame war.
BTW, is there any truth in the rumour that Simon Kohler built a new house and the chimney immediately fell off? :o)
(kim)
Reply to
kim
kim said the following on 06/12/2006 16:58:
That would be a very short flame war - OE isn't an internet browser, Firefox is! Besides, there isn't a flame war because Firefox is so much better that there's simply no contest :-)
(I knew what you meant though!)
Reply to
Paul Boyd
John Turner said the following on 06/12/2006 16:17:
My own feelings are that the Firefox percentage rise will slow down with the release of IE7 simply because IE7 has copied most of the best bits of Firefox, so many people won't change.
is mildly amusing!
Anyway, these days it's the minorities that seem to have more say in everything :-)
Reply to
Paul Boyd
I saw a few weeks ago some folks talking about various problems/issues they were haveing with IE7, so I chose not to upgrade to it. As John said, the new Hornby site works fine on IE6. I actually used Firefox for about 3 months last winter on a friends computer and would agree its probably the better program...but I'm just so used to IE after 12 years of useing it that I'm to lazy to readjust :o))
isn't an internet browser,
Reply to
genetk44
No. But it kept the group happy with a pointless IE vs Firefox thread.
- Nigel
Reply to
Nigel Cliffe
thread.
Does it, personally it's bored the flanges off me, if I want a browser war thread I can find them in other (web authoring) groups...
Reply to
Jerry
Of course, this all only really matters to people who design browser-specific websites. And there won't be many of those types left, Once I'm In Power...
Reply to
Arthur Figgis
On 06/12/2006 20:15, Jerry said,
Firstly, there was no browser war here, just a bit of mild mickey-taking and commenting about market share. Secondly, no-one is forcing you to read something you don't want to. In Thunderbird, you just hit k, and the thread is killed. Presumably you can do something like that in whichever reader you're using as well.
Reply to
Paul Boyd
groups...
mickey-taking
I didn't read it past the second message that started down the Firefox vs. IE road, it was only the message (that I replied to) appearing to start from the threads root that made me read it.
There are many threads that I don't read, very few get killed though, just individual posters!
Reply to
Jerry