Hornby face lift

No problems with the new Hornby site and IE7 here.

Reply to
Dave Potter

G'Day All, Works fine this end. Graeme Hearn Iron Horse Hobbies Yerong Creek, Australia

Reply to
Graeme

Jerry said the following on 06/12/2006 20:49:

Well, just for once the relative merits or otherwise of each browser haven't even been mentioned, beyond the Hornby website problem! Makes a change :-)

Hmmm...

Reply to
Paul Boyd

It's probably because the site is designed to work with IE6 which has a lot of non-standard features which have been fixed in IE7 to work in the web standard way although sites were just designed to detect IE not the version to work around this. A lot of web sites are affected by this. That said as it is a rehash of the site you would have thought that the company doing the work for Hornby would have tested that.

I would say a lot of people still use IE6 a bit like the DC and DCC divide.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

isn't an internet browser,

You can get a firefox extension that makes it looks like IE but with out all the security flaws that you get with IE.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

A bit more tricky finding the service sheets now though. You have to find the model in the list then view it and then you get the link for the service sheet was more obvious on the old site. Looks IE7 fix has been put in place.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Does anybody else find that the Small View/Large View options in each section of "Hornby Products" do not "toggle" as one would expect.

Clicking on "Large View" produces

" #renderCategoryOptions("category-view" "small" [large, small] [Large View, Small View]) "

but it is not possible to return to the Small View without closing the browser and then re-opening. I get this with Firefox (my preference) and also IE6.

I did try IE7 but found that hyperlinks from emails no longer worked so I removed it.

I am interested to hear if anyone else has found this.

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

"Paul Boyd" wrote

It must be close to saturation point now. I've been using IE for close on eight years and have no reason to change, and the same must be true of all the millions who purchase PCs with Windows pre-installed.

Can't argue with that!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Chris" wrote

I wouldn't bet on the latter. Just wait until the virus-writers decide that Firefox users are now worthy of their attentions.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I've yet to see an example of a page with the option you describe. Perhaps you could post the adddress of one?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

When's that?

Reply to
John Bishop

In article , Jerry writes

Jerry has raised a very valid point which didn't justify everyone jumping down his throat. I've sort of perused along this thread assuming a firefox was some sort of bastard amalgamation like a dukedog, a Thunderbird was a rescue class 57 and I'm buggered what an IE is. The title of this thread is "Hornby face lift" which I've assumed is something to do with Thomas' mid life crisis. If you want to argue about obscure computery sort of things could you potter off into some other net group or at least change the title of the thread so Jerry and I can safely ignore it

Reply to
John Bishop

Hi John Bishop, I thought the title was relevent because hornby have had there site updated, what title would you have made, so i know how simple, plane, dull, and understandable you need your titles ( subjects ) to be ? "btw" "IE" is microsoft Internet Explorer, which is what a lot of people use to view the internet. also "btw" is by the way Kindest regards Simon Judd

Simon Judd

John Bishop said the following on 07/12/2006 15:20:

No-one is arguing - until you and Jerry decided to jump in to a thread you both said was of no interest to you it was all mild-mannered banter. You can safely ignore any thread you like, so why don't you ignore this one? Reading the thread title in this case gives no idea what the thread might be about. Perhaps Simon Kohler has had plastic surgery? The opening post turned out to be about Hornby's website, which migrated into "nice website, but it doesn't work on certain browsers". This is a natural progression and an imnportant one if you happen to be using the browser it doesn't work with, and if you, as a lurker, don't like it perhaps you should be the one to potter off.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"kim" wrote

With pleasure! Have a look at

at the same height as the word "Locomotives".

Please try it and let us know if it works for you.

Dave W.

Reply to
David Westerman

In message , kim writes

You haven't looked very far, then

Jane Sullivan

David Westerman said the following on 07/12/2006 16:17:

Firefox:- "#renderCategoryOptions("category-view" "small" [large, small] [Large View, Small View])"

IE7:- "#renderCategoryOptions("category-view" "small" [large, small] [Large View, Small View])"

So no, it doesn't work in either browser!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Same result in Opera, selecting different view doesn't work at all in Epiphany, Mozilla has the select-view broken from loading. Heigh ho.

"Not compatible with any browser"?

Reply to
Andrew Robert Breen

Thank you, it doesn't work. I'm using IE 6.0

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I was looking at individual items rather than the whole page.

(kim)

Reply to
kim