OT - High Praise for the US

Let's see. Mao and Stalin are dead, so who is "left"?

strider

Reply to
Strider

Yes I would honestly say it *is* fanaticism. By this I mean that there's a huge batch of folks on both sides of the fence who are willing to distort facts to prove their point. Brady et al on one side, the NRA on the other. Sane folks know the truth is someplace in the middle - but the sane folks never get any press.

Fanatics - willing to mistate the facts to prove their point to accomplish their agenda. That was my operational definition.

That's one look at it. Another look is that there are politicians who are trying to enhance their reputation by getting involved with the issue of firearm ownership control. From the lack of enthusiasm in extending the ban, I would say that maybe they realized they were doing themselves some harm, with the extensive middle ground voters.

Welcome to politics! :(

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Again, leftwing d*****ad, Bush's mocking of a convicted murderer's jailhouse redemption is of concern ONLY to liberals pond scum like you who are desperately trying to accumulate enough negative points get win an election.

Strider

Reply to
Strider

Do you use a seeing eye dog or a cane?

Strider

Reply to
Strider

Point well taken. I fear this is, to some degree, inexorable given the political climate in the US now.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Oh right, like the swift boat liars. Same thing.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Jim..so if a politician wants to limit your First Amendment Rights, to zealously defend them is the mark of a fanatic?

There has been little mistatements on the part of the pro gun individuals. The antigun groups love to find such and plaster it all over the media, who they are in bed with. On the other hand, the media will blindly promote even the most heinious lies from those wishing to put limits on your Constitutional Rights.

Think Jim..no pro gun individual or group wants to limit your freedoms. EVERY anti gun individual or group TRIES to limit your freedom.

Ever see a pro gun group demand you run out and purchase a firearm?

Every anti gun group demands you either give up your firearms or wants to put draconian restrictions on them as a single incrimental step towards removing them from you.

Every one. No exceptions.

As a Californian, the "camels nose under the tent" becomes even more of a true example. Swartzenegger just signed the .50 cal ban. Not because there have been any problems, but because of the hysteria of the antigun groups. The Federal Assault Weapons ban just sunsetted. Even a number of antigun group have admitted that it was a tempest in a teapot, and there had really not been any problems with them.

So why did Kalifornia pass their even more draconian laws, which will NOT sunset? Because of the lies and hysteria of the antigun groups..all of which were quite carefuly orchistrated and promoted

Indeed..but its taken a huge weather change in the national pysche to reverse the trend.

Since its been found that anti gun rhetoric is the primary cause of

100,000 dead children every year, the hidden cause of Spotted Fever and may cause perfectly normal Leftists to suddenly go insane, its no longer legal for you to use any speech patterns that may have any unlawful features to include the terms

"reasonable restrictions", "evil NRA", "gun nuts", "gun lovers", "survivalists", "for the children" or any combination of 2 or more such phrases. You are forbidden to post on any of the following list of topics (see appendix 2, 3, 4 and 9)

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

I fear this is somehow inexorable, given the attempts by groups of Muslims to take over the world, to continue to murder Americans and other peoples, along with the apparent tacit approval of the rest of the Muslim world.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

Which ones are those? Oh..yah..Kerry and his Band of (6) Brothers.

Sorry. your post confused me for a moment. I thought you were refering to the 250 enlisted men and officers who have commented on the subject.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

You just made my point. Thank you.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I've rarely seen anyone lie to make a point about a first amendment issue.

But lots of folks on both sides of teh gun issue will do *anything* (including lying) to make a point. This to me is the hallmark of a fanatic - the end invariably will justify the means for them.

Agree but that wasn't the issue. Like abortion, gun ownership is an issue that is highly polarizing (at least the media portray this as true) and those who hold views at the extremes do indeed ascribe to the 'end justifies the means' approach.

That was the only point I was making. That there are nuttters at both ends of the bell curve and I dislike both flavors of nutters.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Sure you have. PC and Hate Speech are such examples.

"I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue! "

Now name two lies from pro gun factions. Then name 200 lies from anti gun factions.

See the above Goldwater quote. And Ill be waiting for your examples of lies from the pro and anti factions.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

You think there is error in my statement? Please point it out to me.

Or is my statement factual and realistic?

If so, is it a comment on American politics or a good solid grasp of reality?

*******************************

Point well taken. I fear this is, to some degree, inexorable given the political climate in the US now.

Jim

****************************

Is it American political climate, or actual events and actions from the Muslim culture?

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

"We confront a dangerous enemy and it is one which would count the loss of our own freedom as one of its most prized victims. Once more we as a country are called to rise to the challenge in the same way our forefathers were at Lexington, Gettysburg and Normandy Beach, fighting for freedom and liberty -- no doubt most were fortified by a belief in a God who is demanding yet just and merciful. Only time will tell if we are truly prepared to grapple with an enemy driven by the fervently held view of a vengeful, unmerciful Allah, who demands total submission of 'unbelievers,' particularly Christians and Jews." --Paul Weyrich "At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner

Somehow you personal comments got lost in the sig files, Gunner. Something never came through.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

You tell me. The Saudis blew up our buildings - so Paul Wolfowitz says 'invade Iraq.' The "because they're Muslims" was implied.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Jim if you continue to fixate on our shortcomings, real and perceived, and ignore everyone else's, you're never going to be able to develop a realistic appreciation of problems.

In this case part of the problem has been the unwillingness of Muslims in America and elsewhere to publicly and forcefully condemn the nutcases. My first point was that given the nature of Islam and Muslim culture that's understandable. My second point was that it's also short-sighted and dangerous.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

Well, then there's the other approach - which is to completely *ignore* our own shortcomings. THis is the much-adhered to head-in-sand approach.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Correction Jim:

Al Queda blew up our buildings. And Al Queda is one hell of a lot more of a threat to the Saudis than it is to us. Remember Osama bin Nutcase hates the Saudis even more than he hates the west. (Amazing what an unhappy childhood can do.)

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook

Unfortunately one approach doesn't cancel out the other.

--RC

Reply to
Rick Cook