OT - High Praise for the US

Death is the price for some crimes.

Strider

Reply to
Strider
*plonk*
Reply to
Russ Kepler

In Re: OT - High Praise for the US on Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:56:06

-0400, by Strider, we read:

Bush was mocking everyone at everyone's expense. Bush is trapped at about age 6. He's entirely self-centered. That's why he's surrounded by handlers.

"You know, I could run for governor but I'm basically a media creation. I've never done anything. I've worked for my dad. I worked in the oil business. But that's not the kind of profile you have to have to get elected to public office." - George W. Bush, 1989

"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." -George W. Bush, U.S. News & World Report, April 3, 2000

Reply to
Strabo

In Re: OT - High Praise for the US on Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:11:09

-0400, by Strider, we read:

So why is it called it a 'penitentiary'?

Can you be redeemed for killing the redeemed?

Reply to
Strabo

In Re: OT - High Praise for the US on Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:59:28

-0400, by Strider, we read:

Death is not a price. It's a natural passage.

Execution signifies the failure of society and the decline of culture.

Reply to
Strabo

In Re: OT - High Praise for the US on Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:16:29

-0500, by Robert Galloway, we read:

Death is a natural passage. He who makes the decision to shorten a life takes on the responsibilities of that person.

Reply to
Strabo

In Re: OT - High Praise for the US on Wed, 15 Sep 2004 22:34:24

-0500, by Jedd Haas, we read:

Those that identify with Bush share his shortcomings. Among those absent qualities is empathy.

Reply to
Strabo

Yes indeed. There sure is. Just how *is* that war going, anyway?

Is iraq going to get a democratic government in a couple of months, favorable to US interests?

Are we now pumping scads of oil from the ground there and bringing it to market?

And how come our man in afghanistan keeps getting shot at with missles? Seems like he can hardly go out of the house these days.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Not that long ago at all and it just shows clearly what he's all about. Very clearly indeed.

As to "war" ... did Congress declare one that I'm unaware of? As to "under attack" and your panic ... more people are killed each year in the US by gunfire than in this "war" (not counting all those dean in Iraq & Afghanistan). Are you calling for strict gun control now in your winger-panic? Shoot on sight or take to Cuba (or the other secret places) for secret torture all gun owners?

You are really a scared little wimp-winger, aren't you? Got guns?

"Moogs, would you buy it for a quarter?"

Carpe Blogger !!

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

And he thinks that he can post binary files to text-only Usenet groups.

Gullible means "stupid winger".

"Moogs, would you buy it for a quarter?"

Carpe Blogger !!

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

The story I hear is that more people die on your roads each month, than died on 9/11.

Reply to
Terry Collins

Remember, Neocons are pathetic, scared children, lashing out blindly at all they don't understand. Their mothers never loved them, their fathers abused them, and all they have left is hatred of anything "other."

Isn't misdirected anger one of the signs of depression?

Sad when the sociopathic less than 20% are running the country. Clever monkeys who are untimately self-destructive and uncaring of what happens to everyone else. Wait, I seem to recall another hiostorical world leader who fits that description. At that time, this country was (fairly) united in removing him from said position.

He eventually committed suicide or was removed by insiders...

Republicans, perhaps it is time to clean house. Jail would be acceptable! We could release a bunch of political prisoners to make plenty of room.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

Well, 2,792 people died, including 265 on the aircraft. Three buildings, housing approximately 63,000 people, were hit; two with a workforce of

40,000 and an average daily visitorship of 150,000, were destroyed, the third just happened to be hit on the 20% side that was under construction at the time with a modest construction crew on site.

Not bad odds, considering.

The Port Authority of NY & NJ, Press Release 101-2001, Dated June 24, 2001.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I personally think Mr. Ashcroft is a terrible Attorney General, a religious bigot, totally unconcerned with the rule of law, completely unfit for his office, and demonstrably incompetent. Bush, of course, thinks he's just fine.

However, he does have certain rights. So long as he strictly adheres to the law (he doesn't) neither he nor other employees need shed their religious faith at the office door. There ought to be accommodation for religious fellowship during non-working hours. If he shows no favoritism (he reportedly does) and respects the rights of others, especially those of different or no faith (he reportedly does not) why can't he have a Bible study or prayer before or after work?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey McCann

contemptible

conservatism"

No. There's a war AND an election on, and I am concerned with our President's overall fitness for office, in which his personal character figures to a rather large degree. I don't think a Governer (as Bush was at the time) should publicly mock a person who's death warrant required and received his signature.

You're not one of those "there's a war on, so the President is immune from criticism" useful idiots of the Right, are you? Our priority is getting a better man than Bush in office. We consider it our patriotic duty, for the good of the nation. Others will honestly and for very good reasons of their own, disagree. Yet others will disagree because they simply don't know any better.

P.S. I'm actually a moderate. I only look "leftwing" to statist, authoritarion, NeoCon nut jobs.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey McCann

desperation,

Nope. You are just pissed off that your boy keeps showing his true colors and the nature of his character (an issue you have neatly avoided). So far as I know, she got a fair trial and a just sentence. She was never the issue, at least to me. You might also remember that I represent only victims, and not criminals of any stripe, as a matter of personal principle.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey McCann

There's been a lot of that going around here lately.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Personal opinion. More generally, I think it goes to character, or lack thereof, as well a his judgment in saying it on the record.

BTW, that old "eye for an eye" has been out of favor for, oh, around twenty centuries now. There are different rules in effect, based on new instructions from the Boss.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey McCann

There are no so blind as those who will not see.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeffrey McCann

I have a customer..very large..perhaps 300 or more employees..that has a very strong religious fundamentalist employee group. They are allowed to play religious music or tune to religious stations at their work area, they have publicized bible meetings 1 day a week during a scheduled lunch hour in their own co. provided area.

The company also provides a free pool table, ping pong table, basketball hoops, horseshoe pitching and bbq area for the employees.

They seem to be doing well, with no friction. Multi racial, multi language, a fair number of gays and one obvious transexual... shrug.

Seems we can all get along if we find the right balance.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke

Reply to
Gunner