OT: Hubble photos in movie form

A little slow to load (maybe Australia needs to upgrade their modem) but IMO worth it..

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

WOW! Breathtaking! Thanks Spehro!

Costas

Reply to
Costas Vlachos

It makes it to NZ quickly enough - maybe you need to dry out the string across the Pacific between those two cans.

Ken PS Yes, really *very* nice!

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Wow, a galaxy called 'click here to get the plugin!'

John

Reply to
John Larkin

Thanks for the link, Speff. Brilliant images - ausome?

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Glad you liked the pictures!

I collaborated on the magnetic suspension for the mirror and I designed the switching power supplies (using split transformers across the suspension gap).

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

:-)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Times like this is when I really wish I had something other than dialup.....sigh

Gunner

"The British attitude is to treat society like a game preserve where a certain percentage of the 'antelope' are expected to be eaten by the "lions". Christopher Morton

Reply to
Gunner

Is it true that if the mirror had been right first time the views would have been even more stupendous?

Reply to
Reg Edwards

Yes, groan. I almost missed that. Rats.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Hey Speff,

WOW!!

Brian Laws>A little slow to load (maybe Australia needs to upgrade their modem) >but IMO worth it..

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Great stuff. Not slow at all on this end. Cable modem helps.

Today, to celebrate Thanksgiving I, (and everyone else in my family) am writing a lists of 100 things I am thankful for. Fast Net access is one of the entries.

BTW, I am finding out, that writing down 100 things I am thankful for is rather enlightening, and making me realize what a great life I have and how lucky I am.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Time to baste the capon again.

Abrasha

Abrasha

LOL!!!

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Amazing! Off I go to watch it again. :D

chem

Spehro Pefhany wrote:

Reply to
chem

message

Embedded software/hardware/analog Info for designers:
You can't complain Spehro, not after perpetrating the "electric mouse organ"!

Great pictures, though, thanks for the pointer.

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian Buckner

I showed it to a visiting niece yesterday. She is 14 years old and had never HEARD of the Hubble telescope. What the heck are they teaching in school now? She should have at least seen some of the pictures before. I've tried giving her Discover and other magazines, but they are completely ignored. She is a bright kid and gets good grades, but if it doesn't exist in her fatherless home, it's not relevant to her life.

Frustrating

Earle Rich Mont Vernon, NH

Reply to
ERich10983

I read in sci.electronics.design that Gunner wrote (in ) about 'OT: Hubble photos in movie form', on Thu, 27 Nov 2003:

I don't think we invented it. IIRC, the copyright was held by a creature who lived before humans and bonobos went their separate evolutionary ways. (;-)

Reply to
John Woodgate

I read in sci.electronics.design that Abrasha wrote (in ) about 'OT: Hubble photos in movie form', on Fri, 28 Nov 2003:

You need a boat, or preferably a helicopter:

John Woodgate

On 28 Nov 2003 13:22:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (ERich10983) brought forth from the murky depths:

Repeat after me: "Girls are not usually science-minded." You offered x times, she refused x times. End of story.

Find a science- or mechanically-minded neighbor kid and engage them in the biz of watching over our future. My dad was a physics student and relayed lots of scientific info to me. He also taught me about repairing autos, plumbing, etc. I looked for someone like that when my dad was gone for months to play his part in the USAF but it wasn't to be had on the AFB. Find a willing mechano-conspirator and have fun.

BTW, you might find out what does interest your niece and play to that if possible. My niece plays harp and is going to college to become a Chiropractor, so she's getting some science through the pre-Med plan. Her boyfriend (also attending It's-a-Cruz college in CA) is thrilled to find that NASA is funding lots of experiments there in 2004 which will be taken into space for completion.

an attractive woman enters the room. || Full Website Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't buy that. Of course, I'm spoiled by my two girls who were very capable of doing anything that needed doing. One has a degree in math and the other is in Uzebekistan with the Peace Corps.

I'm doing that with several local kids, the youngest being an 8 year old girl with intense mechanical interests. The others are into robotics and electronics. I've passed along lots of interesting gadgets to them. I have high hopes for a couple of them. Their parents are fully supportive and participate in projects with them. All is not lost.

Earle Rich Mont Vernon, NH

Reply to
ERich10983