OT-John Kerry

Jane Fonda was guilty of treason. However there was a difference between what she did and simple domestic opposition to the war. WRT giving aid and comfort to the enemy simply by virtue of political discussion in the US, that's an unavoidable side effect of democracy. There are times when people should just shut up for a while, but to expect that everybody is going to be silent for years while a conflict is dragging on is not consistent with maintaining our democracy.

Reply to
ATP

OK then we shall agree to disagree on it.

Likewise - but remember I was talking about domestic US protest, by regular citizens. I think ms fonda was not in that catagory fwiw.

Jim

jim rozen

Pete says>We should not

Or, much more likely, they will avoid the threat and not develop them or open up their programs and disarm.. Libya for example. Korea is reportedly much more cooperative now as well. Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

Pete, The point isn't to make thugs with WMD's like us, it's to make them fear us. Greg sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

Racist state ??? I don't think so. Racist states are China, Japan, numerous Arab & African countries etc. Israel could be a tribalist state.. maybe. But then who isn't ( a little) ? :o). Judaism isn't a race, in case you're wondering. Hint: it's a religion Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

Israel is the worst racist state. Is that OK for you? Other countries may not have flawless records on this subject including the US. Only Israel is enforcing it's racist policies with genocide, assassinations, and torture.

Pete.

Reply to
Peter Reilley

So do I.

?? Maybe "People who are in the middle of a fight with someone are not likely to buy what we have to sell or be too distracted to supply what we want to buy"?

Though tariffs come awful close to coercion.

Reply to
Offbreed

I don't understand your meaning. If foreigners aren't likely to buy from us or sell to us, for whatever reason, then we aren't likely to trade with them.

They are coercive, but between the citizens of the country applying the tariffs. Foreigners have no right to export into a country that applies a tariff without paying the tariff.

-- Robert Sturgeon, proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy and the evil gun culture.

Reply to
Robert Sturgeon

Then they're not very efficient at genocide. BTW, I'm no friend of Israel, I think you're way overstating your case.

Reply to
ATP

A friend of mine is a very black Jew. He went to Israel a couple years ago and had a very nice time. He is taking his Asian (Jewish) wife along this next year.

Btw..what race are Palestinians? I seemed to have missed that genotype in biology.

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

There really is no simple answer to this question, because "race" is a very complex issue, with many shades of grey. And many differing opinions, about origins of race, ethnicity, skin color, blood lines, cultural heritage, etc.

But since you are a man who desires and understands only black and white issues and answers, and has no room for subtle graduations, here is your answer.

Caucasoid or Europid Subspecies,

Mediterranid race

Orientalid or Arabid subrace (predominant in Arabia, major element from Egypt to Syria, primary in northern Sudan, important in Iraq, predominant element among the Oriental Jews)

Along with a great deal of other subjects you missed.

Abrasha

Abrasha

You do have a point. Until now they have engaged on only trial runs, Sabra and Shatila, so as to gage world opinion. Since the US did not complain very much and Bush called the man responsible, Sharon, "A man of peace", Israel rightfully assumes that they have the green light for more genocide.

Israel is caught between a rock and a hard place on this one. The demographics of the situation is a problem that they must deal with if they are to remain a Jewish (racist) state. Genocide is the only way of "adjusting" the demographic equation.

Israel could have peace by giving the Palestinians their rights but they don't seem inclined to go that way. Only genocide guarantees their ethnic purity.

Pete.

Reply to
Peter Reilley

if two people are fighting each other, they will not have time to look at what I have for sale.

Reply to
Offbreed

That's true, but it hardly means it's our duty to make them stop fighting.

-- Robert Sturgeon, proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy and the evil gun culture.

Reply to
Robert Sturgeon

I wonder if Mossad reads your posts?

Gunner

Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli

Reply to
Gunner

I am not saying anything that Mossad doesn't already know.

Pete.

Reply to
Peter Reilley

I agree. But trying to get them to stop fighting so they will "buy some beads" is not building an empire, which I think is what started this branch.

I love pointing out to "liberals" that what they want the US to do in foreign countries is Militaristic Imperialism by any definition, or Economic Imperialism by their own definition.

Reply to
Offbreed

He blew his case with the first post :o). Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

Pete, the Palestinian terrorsists could have what they want if they would stop blowing up children indiscriminately too. eevery time the blow up a bus, they make the case for Israeli retaliation. Greg Sefton

Reply to
Bray Haven

It doesn't matter why we are trying to control other countries. It's the control that makes the imperialism.

imperialism (îm-pîr´ê-e-lîz´em) noun

  1. The policy of extending a nation's authority by territorial acquisition or by the establishment of economic and political hegemony over other nations.
  2. The system, policies, or practices of such a government.

- impe´rialist adjective & noun

- impe´rialis´tic adjective

- impe´rialis´tically adverb

"Liberals" don't mind imperialism, so long as they are running the show.