OT - photo hosting site

Dropbox no longer supports XP users, so I need a new photo host. My main criterion is simplicity. Both for ease-of-use and minimal features. I just want to drop an occasional photo there, to be able share it.

What's good?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

I use tinypic. Very simple. Generates tiny urls for image links.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Thanks - I just uploaded a photo for my "Air-acetylene" post.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Try

The problem with tinypic is that folk can label your images, as has happened with yours (I'm assuming you didn't put those tags on the pic).

Reply to
doggerel

I can see how the anybody-tagging might be useful when used by reasonable people. That doesn't include the internet. What a dumb idea.

I went to imgur and was bewildered. Looked for FAQ, etc with no luck. Not simple enough for me.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Took me a while to figure it out - once you do its simple.

Up the top of the page click on "New Post"

Then just drag whatever images you want to post onto the browser window and then copy the link.

It works for me but we all have our preferences.

Reply to
doggerel

Steve sold the Dropbox domain/name awhile back. I understand they made him an offer he couldn't refuse :)

He migrated all of the old stuff to a new domain. See:

It looks like it is still working. Found stuff recently posted...

Reply to
Leon Fisk

I meant "dropbox.com".

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Steve used to own "dropbox.com". Investors bugged him for a long time and kept upping the ante to get him to sell the domain name...

The current dropbox I have little use for. It is a pain to download stuff from and I'm way too cheap to pay for storage ;-)

Reply to
Leon Fisk

Thanks for the new link. I checked it and a locknut I posted

6 yrs ago is still there. And I'm using XP. phil k.
Reply to
Phil Kangas

I've had a flikr account for years. Easy to upload and share from. supports just about any OS and you have an option of uploading through email as well as online.

Reply to
Steve W.

Just did it for my latest reply to my torch thread. It was just as easy as you made it sound. There was a "Copy" button that did not do the copy-to-clipboard, but no big deal.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

Coming to the party a little late but I'm a BIG fan of flickr.com I've got something over 4,000 photos there, well organized and with comments enabled. Not bad for less than $10/mo.

Reply to
SteamboatEd Haas