OT: Pizza deliveryman won't be charged

Damn tough neighborhood, where even the pizzas carry.

jk

Reply to
jk

Doh!

As penance, I just wrote "pizza guy" 1000 times (thank goodness for cut & paste).

R, Tom Q. Remove bogusinfo to reply.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

The topic of CCW and "printing" etc..the various pitfalls of the public discovering you are carrying came up at one of the CCW classes I assit at. The following day was range day and I came dressed in hiking boots, shorts and a Hawaian shirt. The lead instructor brought up the subject repeatedly, that its unlawful for a CCW holder to show his weapon unless its a life or death thing..and some agencies such as LA, will arrest you for brandishing if a member of the public complains that they saw even the hint of your weapon or holster. During the discussion, I had been setting up targets, etc etc..and he called me over as the test object. When asked if I was obviously carrying, or anyone had seen a weapon on me, the class indicated no..they hadnt. At which point, from my person, I removed (2) fullsized 1911 45s, a snubnosed .38, a .22 derringer, and three tactical knives, including one with a 6" blade, with reloads for everything. And of course the usual pocket lint, cell phone, wallet, car keys, cigs, lighter etc.

It can be done. Im tall and not really stocky. Fat or really husky guys have the biggest problem tucking something away. Shrug..granted..most of the time carrying can be uncomfortable until you get used to it. Ive been carrying for over 30 yrs...I often forget Im armed..it simply doesnt cross my mind until the need arises or when I dress/undress.

And no..that load was for demonstration only..I never carry that much hardware. Just how much though, is a secret.

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden." Strider

Reply to
Gunner

If it had a clip, it'd be a broomhandle Mauser. :-)

Normal 9mm semiautos use a magazine rather than a clip, ie it has a spring in it. Many of them came with magazine capacities larger than 15 rounds, Glocks came stock with 17 round capacity, and there were even larger aftermarket magazines for many of the pistols.

For example, the venerable Browning HiPower, which normally held 13 rounds, could be fitted with larger magazines that held

15, 17, or even more rounds. I have several 30 round magazines that'll fit a HiPower. (Not really practical for a carry gun to have such a long magazine sticking out, but a 15 works just fine in the HiPower. )

Ah, the other way around. Magazines with greater than 10 round capacity manufactured *after* Sept 13, 1994 are restricted for sale to government only, but the older ones are still perfectly legal for the general public to own and use. There are hundreds of millions of older ones in circulation.

Note that it is legal to refurbish older magazines too. You can replace the spring or the follower, you can do repairs to the feed lips, etc. Kind of like grandpa's hammer, it has had 3 heads and

5 handles, but it is still grandpa's old hammer.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Pizza The Hut? (c;

Tim

-- "I have misplaced my pants." - Homer Simpson | Electronics,

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --+ Metalcasting and Games:

Tim Williams

As you said, I got it backward. Yesterday was a bad posting day for me.

With a little luck, the ban will only be a bad memory in a few months.

R, Tom Q.

Remove bogusinfo to reply.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

Or a Grendal P-10

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden." Strider

Reply to
Gunner

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 19:48:35 -0400, Tom Quackenbush stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

As a highly-paid employee driving for a pizza company, I thought the gun had to be a teensy, inexpensive model to fit with his wardrobe, if you can call it that. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

||jk wrote: || ||>Tom Quackenbush wrote: ||>

||>Damn tough neighborhood, where even the pizzas carry. ||>>

Thanks for the clarification. I had this vision of a round 'person' with a bad complexion, packing heat ;) Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

||> If you you're referring to the 1994 ban, it only applies to ||>magazines manufactured on or before September 13, 1994. || ||Ah, the other way around. Magazines with greater than 10 round ||capacity manufactured *after* Sept 13, 1994 are restricted for sale ||to government only, but the older ones are still perfectly legal for ||the general public to own and use. There are hundreds of millions ||of older ones in circulation.

In '95 I had no problem buying a 15-round magazine for my Ruger. Wal-Mart Texas Parts Guy

Reply to
Rex B

Guns don't kill people, pizza's do?

Joel. phx