OT Semi Truck parking

No explosives allowed. I am in M-1 manufacturing zone.

Ignoramus19762

You must remember that nothing was ever proven in a court of law. And that my childhood/pubertyhood probably was a little different than yours. Las Vegas is like growing up on another planet. As for what we did, whatever was done was done with mutual consent.

Reply to
Steve B

Well, at least you are taking it one step at a time, and getting answers to some potential questions before you get caught in the bear trap. That is the sign of a good businessman. Large things fall out of the sky occasionally, and you don't believe it until one lands on your house. You have a lot to risk here, so just don't take any uninformed leaps. Sounds like you're doing your homework, and if you get your ducks in a row, the income will flow soon. And if you do it right, you won't have hassle after hassle once it does start. It won't be interrupted by fits and starts of things you could have easily avoided.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Ignoramus19762" wrote

That takes care of the honest people..................

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

My thinking exactly. Get a lawyer, avoid big problems, deal with small problems as they arrive. Do not forget to collect money.

Ignoramus19762

Don't forget deposit, either.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Steve B" fired this volley in news:Cfoiq.222538$d% snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

If you take in an un-placarded load, along with a statement that the trailer contains no hazmat, and it's found that it does, you have a reasonably limited liability (so long as no property damage occurs to your neighbors).

I'd form an LLC separate from your machine selling business with which to conduct that sort of enterprise.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I do not want to have any more business entities. One is quite enough for me.

Ignoramus19762

Ignoramus19762 fired this volley in news:wqednb7ou76VgBfTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Ig, the burden of maintaining an LLC for particularly liability-prone activities is slight. It's cheap as dirt to form, easy as pie to do the reporting, and gives you the "shield of the corporate veil" from any misapprehensions of the company itself.

Your first duty is to protect and support your family. You cannot take risks with their welfare by failing to do what is both inexpensive and prudent, especially when it will require only 10-15 hours of work a year to maintain that circumstance.

Talk to your attorney about this. It's not a great big deal, at all. It's certainly less burdensome than creating an "S" corp.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I do not think that it gives as much of a shield as you think.

I will ask my lawyer about it, I talked to him a little today. I doubt that just because I form an LLC, and someone accidentally causes damage to neighbors, or the environment, that I would be off the hook just because I formed some kind of business entity.

S corporation is what I have.

Ignoramus19762

Ignoramus19762 fired this volley in news:5aednW9usqoyuxfTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Here's the issue: If the corporation legitimately enters into a contract which becomes "poison", and you have not personally done KNOWINGLY negligent things to promote that condition, then all they can do is sue the corporation.

If you (basically) keep the corporation "broke", there's nothing to gain from a suit. They can try, but they'll get only what the LLC owns.

I make machines to make explosives! How much liability do you think there is in that? My attorney, who deals in manufacturing liability, was johnny-on-the-spot to recommend an LLC as the best way to protect my personal interests. (In addition to that, I have a "durable trust" set up for my disabled son. EVERYTHING I own is irrevocably owned by him, and cannot be touched by any action against me personally.)

In fact, you can't keep people from filing suit. That's why you make them sue the LLC. With limited resources, they have nothing to gain.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Right. A contract with an LLC, limits the recourse. So, say, if my LLC cannot pay its bills, or some such, limited liability may shield its owner.

Not so, when it comes to any torts where the negligent person is the owner of the LLC.

I will check with my attorney. Thanks.

Ignoramus19762

Why not? Girls say "Let's go some place secluded." Boys think "Any spot a girl gets on her back for (or on top of) me is fine with me." and says "I know just the spot." Girl thinks "This is unique and secluded and covered." and says "Let's do it."

-- Worry is a misuse of imagination. -- Dan Zadra

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ignoramus19762 on Mon, 03 Oct

2011 13:03:20 -0500 typed >>

They were teaching astronomy. Sheens, desert nights, perfect for star gazing. "Now just lay back down here, and you can see...."

In it, under it, on it. next to it ... boys will be boys, and girls will pick the wrong ones....

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich