OT - talk like a pirate day

The dead ones don't get a second chance to say it.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

-Which ones are we talking about?

If you are really that ignorant of history, consider the peaceful, enlightened Tibetans:

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

That's the metric version of the date.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

We do day/month/year in the UK. As does the rest of the world.

Reply to
harry

Metric?

Reply to
harry

Really? Tell your computer to sort files that way. Or your military.

Sorting by day would be Sunday through Saturday. Only the english could be that stupid.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They were the ones who walked into the bank.

"Freeze, mother stickers, this is a f--k up!"

.

The 11-9 hijackers ????

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Easy enough, change your region setting to something other than "English (United States)".

Monday through Sunday, if you are a generic Christian (Sunday is the Sabbath, the seventh day) .

Reply to
David J. Hughes

There are few Christians in the USA. But there are lots of Jews where of course Saturday is the Sabbath. Or is that Muslims? I forget. They are very similar.

Reply to
harry

That will change how it is displayed, not how it is stored. YYMMDD is the most logical way to store a date.

That is the Catholic calendar.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 24 Sep 2012

03:37:53 -0400 typed >> >> >> We do day/month/year in the UK.

I haven't made that mistake since ... fourth grade? The day called "Sunday" is still the first day of the week, as it has been "since the beginning":

Matthew 28:1 Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave.

Mark 16:2 And very early in the morning on the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulcher at the rising of the sun.

Luke 24:1 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.

John 20:1 Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene comes early to the tomb, while it is still dark, and see the stone already taken away from the tomb.

The Sabbath is still the last day of the week.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich