OT - What's going on in the USA

Roger learned about religion under Oral Roberts' pup-tent.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Any time I've ever turned on that trash. That is a perfect example of another waste of taxpayer money.

Reply to
Steve W.

I imagine a good portion of their money goes to foreign broadcasts. They translate into over 100 languages and broadcast worldwide. The preacher died in 1988, almost 25 years later and it's still going, just teaching the Bible.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Ed Huntress wrote in news:24rtp81sar75sctaf2td1cdntb8tjo0lhb@

4ax.com:

Just curious: how could you tell the difference?

Reply to
Doug Miller

Well that too, but probably not considered as advise.... Unless phrased as "God loves those who give" :-)

Reply to
John B.

Ever hear NPR ask for money?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've read that they try to keep him from saying too much on the air, but I haven't seen it for myself, for close to 30 years. I used to watch it just to marvel at their impressive studio.

Did you know that CBN was the first to use a poured-polyester resin floor? It was the flattest and the smoothest production floor in the world when they built it.

Nothing was too good for God's own messenger.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Nations and individuals go through the pride cycle. From prosperity, to laziness. Decline to sin. Then calamity and destruction. Then repentance, and recovery. Prosperity returns, and the cycle begins again.

We're in sin, about to get to the destruction phase.

This morning on the way to work, on "Through the Bible" radio, they were in the book of Esther, it's a secular story about how God rules providentially even through the worlds ungodly system of government. So I was wondering "What about Obama?" what is God doing through this piece of shit president?

To refine gold, you dissolve the impure gold in an acid. Then a chemical in urine is used to precipitate the gold out of the solution.

Presidents before Obama used to try to bring the country together, they made efforts to be bi-partisan, Obama separates. Obama is the piss, his voters are the scrap metal, and the pure gold are the people that can't mix with Obama and the crap that gets along with him!

The Bible said the good and wicked people would grow together and they would be separated before the harvest, the weeds would be gathered to be burned. God's using Obama to separate the gold from the scrap, the wheat from the chaff, the crops from the weeds. That means it's close to time for harvest and to burn the weeds! Goodbye Obama supporters, it's time for the RoundUp.

RogerN

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Preaching God's hatred in over 100 languages?? Do you suppose those people think you're talking about them, when you tell them that God said that the weeds would be gathered to be burned?

Jeez, no wonder it isn't safe to travel anymore.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That's a good question. I think you'd have to look at his feet, and see if he's on casters.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You guys have missed the funniest part.

The Book of Esther (which Roger has used to justify the apocalyptic notion he culled from back issues of "Onward Christian Soldier of Fortune Magazine") is about a Persian king who is defied by his first wife.

He divorces her and decrees that "all the wives shall give to their husbands honor, both to great and small".

He then takes a second wife, Esther, who lies to him from the start about being Jewish.

She eventually outwits him and foils a plot to wipe out the Jews, which leads to the slaughter of 75,000 Persians.

And of all the characters in this narrative, Roger identifies with Esther.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Ah, such a tangled web is the Bible. It seems to become especially tangled by those who are looking for an excuse to hate and kill people they don't like.

Did Roger tell you about his hopes and dreams to use his new AR and

30-round magazines to kill people who voted for Obama?

What a fine Christian...

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That seems to be the case for most of the preachers i tracked over the years. They all start out as an average joe, and if they have the ability to gain an audiance they go from off the rack sears suits to versace in a couple of years. They also gain a considerable ammout of mass along thier waist as thier magnatism captures granny's social security check. The best performers appear to be the ones pushing "the end is near" using world events and bible prophecy as proof of their claims. Disasters are also a big income generator when they claim to be out there helping the victims. Most of these guys draw a 6 figure salary in just a few years based 401-C filings. Not to mention the perks of using church owned assets like living rent free in mansion complete with maids, cooks, chauffeur, butlers, security personal and a private jet with staff ready to take off at a moments notice. Cruising the town in royals royce aint bad either. All in the name of god of course.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Can someone explain to me why a supernatural entity needs us pewney humans to go around killing other humans the entity does not like? Seems like organized relegion is illogical and a biohazard.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

You'd have to ask Roger. He probably can find something in scripture to explain it....

Reply to
Ed Huntress

But what you know isn't half as important to Slo-Mot Eddie as what _he_ believes. He believes that all radio preachers are rich, because he saw a movie with that premise, and he know that if he were to get into what he considers "the religion racket" - that is exactly what he would do.

pyotr filipivich

Well, they're not all *rich*:.

"A farmer was doing some plowing one day, when his young son came running up and said, 'Dad, there's a man coming down the road to the house, looks like a preacher.'" "'That's okay, son,' said the farmer. 'Now you go back and find out what denomination he is. If he's a Southern Baptist lock up the chicken house, cause he'll want some fried chicken. If he's a Catholic priest, lock up the wine, cause he'll be fond of the grape and if he's a TV evangelist, sit between your mothers legs until I get there.'

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ed is pissed because the preachers don't support his ignorance.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Taking peoples social security money? Sure you aren't talking about Democrats?

Lesson on Your Social Security Card

Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn't know this. It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be sure and show it to your family and friends. They need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are Facts.

Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the message, NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, was removed.

An old Social Security card with the "NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION" message.

Our Social Security Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be Completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual Incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65% on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program, and,

Under Johnson the money was moved to The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income.

Under Clinton & Gore Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month -- and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put away'

-- you may be interested in the following:

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically controlled House and Senate.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the 'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?

A: Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!

------------ -- ------------ --------- ----- ------------ --------- ---------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it! If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe changes will evolve.

Reply to
RogerN

I couldn't afford enough ammunition to make a dent, I can fight for my rights though. Seems the only right the Obama administration is interested in is their right to remain silent after being caught in scandals.

But Obama is the piss that mixes with the worthless and drives the pure gold out!

You seem to mix well with Obama, the worst President ever!

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN