OT - What's going on in the USA

This morning on the way to work, on "Through the Bible" radio, they were in the book of Esther, it's a secular story about how God rules providentially even through the worlds ungodly system of government. So I was wondering "What about Obama?" what is God doing through this piece of shit president?

To refine gold, you dissolve the impure gold in an acid. Then a chemical in urine is used to precipitate the gold out of the solution.

Presidents before Obama used to try to bring the country together, they made efforts to be bi-partisan, Obama separates. Obama is the piss, his voters are the scrap metal, and the pure gold are the people that can't mix with Obama and the crap that gets along with him!

The Bible said the good and wicked people would grow together and they would be separated before the harvest, the weeds would be gathered to be burned. God's using Obama to separate the gold from the scrap, the wheat from the chaff, the crops from the weeds. That means it's close to time for harvest and to burn the weeds! Goodbye Obama supporters, it's time for the RoundUp.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Try not to think... you're going to hurt yourself!

Reply to
G. Morgan

The usual answer when asking a Preacher about "Why is God doing this" is usually one of three: (1) "He is punishing us for our sins"; (2) "He is placing adversities in our path for us to overcome"; (3) "You must have faith my son".

Take your pick.

Reply to
John B.

providentially

It's too late....

gger_for_schizophrenia

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Does this preacher give financial advice also? that would be handy.

Ignoramus31281

Followed by, "Just send me two or three hundred dollars so we can continue to do God's righteous work."

Reply to
Ed Huntress

That one doesn't but these guys come on at 3:30 when I'm on the way home.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Actually I hardly ever, if ever, hear them asking for money. I have heard them say if you are not a Christian then you shouldn't send them money.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Aha! the old "exclusivity close"!

Nobody is better at sales-closing techniques than a broadcast minister.

How much do you figure they take in?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I don't know, I know the preacher isn't being paid for it.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Ever hear NPR ask for money?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

You're listening to NPR.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Do I have to mention NPR again?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Hmm. Do you think maybe they have it stashed in the Caymans?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

No, that's an old line from Don Imus, from his running routine about Billy Sol Harkus, the radio preacher from Del Rio, Texas, the Gold Buckle of the Bible Belt.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Only if the gas is building up and you just have to let it out.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

I like the get rich by thithing scam on the 700 club. Love those testamonials.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Ah, man, I haven't seen that show for years. Is 'ol Pat still alive? Or did they stuff and mount him?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Another one bites the dust.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Pat is still verticle as of last week. He brought his son into the business and the kid is running the whineathon this week. The old man is 82. You can see the onset of dementia sometimes he loses his train of thought in mid sentence. I don't think Pat will run for president again.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic