4) when a fella points at somebody else.
5) when a fella shoots the ceiling etc.
6) when a fella points it at you.
7) when a fella has shot somebody.
Any other action point?
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
#4, you can protect yourself or other people that are unable to retreat. But, your best bet is to cap him on his way into the building...just use good intuition.
Reply to
Tom Gardner
FOR DAMN SURE 7, 6 yes unless there is some way to duck quick then maybe. The rest look like a nasty law suit. (you did say if its drawn the trigger will be pulled) ...lew...
Reply to
Lew Hartswick
- NOPE, no Tangible threat
- Still no tangible threat
- Getting closer, I would be ready to draw
- What is his attitude and is he doing it with intent? IS he a threat OR just a goofball who doesn't know gun safety?
Still in the gray area. Depends on the building and what threat he poses to me or others. If he stands there with a spreading stain in his jeans and looks at the gun with a deer in the headlights look I wouldn't drop him. BUT if he states that You FU&*ING BETTER BELIEVE I'LL KILL YOU.. then pulls the trigger, give him a double tap to the center of mass.
We have a WINNER!
DHRT (Drop Him Right There)
Reply to
Steve W.
6 and 7 are a slam dunk. The rest may put you in legal jeapordy. Get behind a fat politician while deciding ;)
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Probably never. The key here is "public hearing"- in NY there are real cops in the room and they may just decide that your gun is a threat (or that you are also a nutjob) in which case you lose.
-Carl (spelled korrectly)
Reply to
Carl Byrns
6 for sure, and RFN. In MN, 7 only if the guy who got shot was close enough to you that you reasonably believe yourself to be in grave mortal danger. You may not legally defend or avenge others in MN, only yourself.
Reply to
Don Foreman
The best way to get an informed answer here is from local law enforcement and from the cognizent prosecutor -- probably the county attorney. You would certainly be talking to them after you pulled the trigger.
Reply to
Don Foreman
i wanted to ask you guys, but it was OT, recently there was an incident reported in the local newspaper here where some kids bought a CO2 BB gun and were driving around and shooting people from their car. the final incident was when they shot a guy in the eye. he lost his eye. i wanted to ask you, in that situation, would a common citizen get in trouble if he SHOT BACK?
1) what if he killed the kid doing the shooting? 2) what if he wounded one of the other kids in the car? 3) what if he KILLED one of the other kids in the car? 4) would a common citizen have the right to shoot back if being fired upon with a BB gun?
i'm curious. i was VERY pissed when i read this article and i hope they absolutely throw the book at that little punkass bastard.
b.w.
Reply to
William Wixon
I chair my town's Board of Appeals. I've always assumed the skirt around the front of the table in our Town Hall's meeting room was a courtesy to the women who sit at the table. But perhaps its real purpose is to provide a place to hide .
Reply to
Ned Simmons
Oh yeah! If there is an L.E. officer present, let him or her do their job and do not confuse the issue by producing another gun.
Reply to
Don Foreman
You say "public hearing". If the building is a court house and you are a civilian carrying, you are on already in a bad situation. With a choice between presenting a weapon in a situation that is a felony to have one, it would have to be #6 and probably in the order of 7,6 as in he has already shot someone else. I am not sure about other government buildings - Post Office, and courthouses are really bad places to be carrying.
Bob
Reply to
BobH
i don't know if this is supposed to be a secret but i know of a court room that was dismantled, the judge's bench had "level IV" armor plate sandwiched inside the wood paneling. yeah, i'd think it's a place for him to hide if gunfire erupts.
Reply to
William Wixon
At this point is when you make ready and have it hidden beside you.
* see footnote
At this point you pump 2 center of mass and one in his head.
Continue as needed.
* Depends on who he is, his demeanor and who the person he is pointing his weapon at. If its your loved one..there is absolutely nothing unsporting about blowing his brain matter across the room at this point, or shooting him in the back through the spine and heart.
Just make sure of the backstop behind the gun waver. Pumping several though his COM and having them hit an innocent behind him is considered bad form.
Gunner
Reply to
Gunner
Having incoming rounds, no matter if no Bang...tends to put me in fear for my life. At that point, I would likely return fire. If others in the vehicle beside the shooter were killed, shrug..tough. All the occupants would likely be charged with murder, as a death occurred in the commission of their crime.
Now if I KNEW it was a pellet gun, I may treat the situation somewhat differently. Or not. The State would have to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt I knew it wasn't a silenced .22
Btw..when returning fire at a moving vehicle..aim at the front edge of the doors. Its an effective lead distance and even if you hit the door frame, tends to ricocheted jagged pieces of bullet and metal into the passenger compartment.
Here in California, a few years ago..the was a rumor of a service guy, minding his own business, driving along at night on a freeway, when a car pulled up beside him and the passenger brandished a weapon. He slammed on the brakes as a shot was fired, passing his windshield. At which point he returned fire from a quartering position, with a large caliber handgun, repeatedly, while alleged to have aimed for the back of the passenger and drivers seats through the rear passenger door. The Bad Guys car suddenly lost speed and ran along the K rail until it stopped. The service guy simply continued on his way and not long after changed the barrel on his .45 and Certexed the fireing pin and ejector and extractor
One of those unsolved California Freeway Shootings as I recall it. 2 killed, 1 injured (rear passenger)
A Darwin Event apparently. Shrug
Least..that was the rumor. I head it from a friend of a friend, from some ones brother in law who heard it from...... Allegedly the service guy fixed adult toys in a house of ill repute. Shrug again.
Gunner Asch
Reply to
Gunner
[snip]
Adult Toys? Sounds like that would be metalworking machinery. What lathes & such would be doing in a house of ill repute is beyond me, though. Does anyone on this ng repair metalworking machinery?
Joe
Reply to
Joe
Township meeting continues without incident after gun threat West Central Tribune Published Thursday, March 13, 2008
DASSEL - A threat regarding guns at the Dassel Township Board meeting on Tuesday evening is under investigation by the Meeker County Sheriff's Office.
According to Sheriff Mike Hirman, deputies were posted at the board meeting after a township board member's home was called with the threat. The meeting continued without incident.
While the meeting was happening, around 8:40 p.m. Tuesday, someone called a board member's home and an adult male voice asked for the board member. When told he was at the meeting, the caller made a bizarre statement that he should have stayed home because there will be guns at the meeting.
RELATED CONTENT Add a comment Deputies responded and were posted inside of the meeting and outside of the building. Additional deputies were in the area during and after the meeting. They also searched the building and grounds and gathered information.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the sheriff's office at 320-693-5400 or 1-866-333-3366, call the TIP line at 320-693-5411 or go to
on the Internet.
begin 666 chat.gif M1TE&.#EA$ `0`.9M`'S*YO;N=:C>+S^[UU:.Z^NKH& @9[8[%)04/CRE=?8V%]=6_SXQK;&R^7E MY49,3HF*;-C3>>GBUH?#Q\3]16&9E9O#I=^3DY-;8V.OW^[.SM'1S M=/W[W4A56]34TX&%?J:JD\#'RH"ZSU!--MK9VLO+RY^SN&NEN_#Y_-[R^7*& MCLC(R)Z@H6UO;_GTJ3E&3&A\A+.TM/OXPWEW6H.____P`````````````````````` M`````````````````````````````````````````````````"'Y! $``&T` M+ `````0`! ```>X@&V"@CX[2AL>7BD10H.#0V(
Reply to
Karl Townsend

Site Timeline