paint car hood

I do some direct to CD. Will run off 12vdc or 110ac.

Reply to
clare

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 16:48:50 -0600, the infamous Sunworshipper scrawled the following:

Remind me what pics I was going to email to you, SW. That conversation was last _month_. ;)

-- The only difference between a rut and a grave...is in their dimensions. -- Ellen Glasglow

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The vinyl method probably still is the truest reproduction of sound. Many things that go thru conversions may no longer be very close to being true reproductions.

The advent of digital is probably more advantageous from an editing standpoint. I consider the phrase "digitally remastered" to indicate that the sound (or picture) is someone's own impression of how they think it sounds best, but an adulterated version of the original. In most cases, the listeners have never heard the original performance, so they wouldn't know anyway.

Hey, what was that? A spare drumstick fell and hit something. Delete it. Done. History erased.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

When I was in secondary school, one of my classmates was a chap blinded by polio at ~ 13 years of age. His recorder was a disk machine that cut the groove into a green disk. We pretty much chummed together from the fact that we both smoked pipes and had a liking for the poetry of Robert Service. The school attended, being a small relatively new, country school, did not have a vice principal, so Grant was assigned the vice principal's office as a place to accommodate his special equipment. Quite often, the secretary would knock on the door as a signal that we were becoming too noisy. Our math instructor, living across the lake from the tourist lodge owned by Grant's parents used to keep watch and, quite often, phone over to remind Grant that it was time to turn on the outdoor lighting (this was back in the mid '50s). Those were good times but, thankfully, they are behind us now! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

The Siskiyou Woodworker's Guild has a show going on in Ashland this weekend and I just returned from it (via HFT.) Very nice stuff, indeed. One guy said he wished he'd had a dozen of the little intarsiaed chests he built. The only one he built sold at the asking price ($2,800) within the first 15 minutes of the show. Every surface was concave. Pics on request

no big deal if your busy

Reply to
Sunworshipper

On Wed, 03 Dec 2008 07:37:30 -0600, the infamous Sunworshipper scrawled the following:

OK, I'll process 'em. Check your email later today.

-- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
Larry Jaques

After reading the entire thread, and after I stopped laughing, I said to myself, "Make lemonade!"

Buy a nice black carbon composite hood for your wife's red car. No painting required. Black and red, the sexiest colors alive. Buy one with a nice big turbocharger ram scoop in the middle and cotter tie-downs and you won't be able to keep the boys in the rice-burner crowd off her.

-Frank

Reply to
Frank Warner

I like the Hee Haw version better. It changed every week, but her is one version:

Gloom, despair, and agony on me Deep, dark depression, excessive misery If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all Gloom, despair, and agony on me

We figured she was rich, loaded to the hilt And we figured she had class like the Vanderbilts 'Cause we had heard for years how she was so well reared How was we to know they meant the way she was built

Gloom, despair, and agony on me Deep, dark depression, excessive misery If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all Gloom, despair, and agony on me

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell