Parts cleaner pump

I need a new pump for my Chinese parts washer. The original died early. I'd like a good replacement pump that doesn't cost as much as a new washer. I'll be using diluted purple cleaner or Simple Green in it, no petroleum products. Any recommendations?

Reply to
Rex B

Since those washers only cost about $20 you have a nearly impossible cost barrier. Perhaps you should reflect on the reason the little parts washers are so cheap, and consider how much real value you add when you put in a quality pump. I put in a little pump from a garden store and it works just fine and has for years now.

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Mine died too. They weren?t quite the bargain we thought.

I replaced it with an electric car fuel pump and powered by a heavy-duty

12 V wall transformer. I had the transformer and only had to buy the fuel pump. I don?t remember what it was, but was well less than twenty dollars. So far it works. I use kerosene and thought that was the cause of the original failure.

Regards,

Reply to
GeorgeD

Are you sure it's dead? Mine has stuck a couple of times when I haven't used it for months. Once I prod the rotor, it's OK again.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjk

I bought one of those 3 /2 or so gal parts washers from Homier tools, on their annula tent sale here in town and its still going strong. I bought it for a coolant resivoir for my 5 x 7 bandsaw, and run water soluable oil in it, and its going on better than 7 years so far all trouble free and works like a champ.........so ya just never know.

Of course I had to buy three of them all total in the 2 days Homier was in town, until I finally got one that worked, and work it has and continues to do.

REMEMBER: "This is worth repeating for benefit of al newbies! Jo Ann asked Dr. Solo to remind people that while she has retired from selling GF (and sold the business to Ken Fischer

she has NOT retired from helping people with sick GF and koi FOR FREE. 251-649-4790 phoning is best for diagnosis. but, can try email put "help sick fish" in subject. Get your fish at Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas Dandy Orandas........you guys got that DANDY ORANDAS

Reply to
Roy

Ayup..your basic swamp cooler pump works just hunky dorey. $15.00 around here for a cheapy.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."

Reply to
Gunner

McMaster Carr Pg 268

Reply to
Bob

I made a small parts washer and used a windshield washer pump and it worked fine.

Reply to
habbi