Pro Air air compressor?

I'm looking at a "Pro Air" compressor on ebay. Does anybody recognize this compressor or know who the manufacturer is? Comments on quality? This is for a home shop application.

Gary Brady Austin, TX

Gary Brady

According to the Air Compressor Settlement FAQ it was probably made by DeVilbiss:

Scroll about 2/3 of the way down the page for the list.

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." - Will Rogers (1879-1935).

Reply to
Keith Marshall

I presume you're referring to this one:

It is made by Devilbiss and is currently sold under the Porter Cable brand:

(Delta, Porter Cable and Devilbiss are owned by the same company--formerly Pentair, now Black and Decker).

The compressor has an aluminum pump with a cast iron liner. The motor is made in Brazil by WEG, or something like that. It is a decent compressor in my opinion.

In my area, Blain's Farm and Fleet sells the Porter Cable version. I forget how much it costs, but I remember it being around $700-$800.

Reply to
AL

Thanks guys, those websites helped a lot. I'll probably go for it.

Reply to
Gary Brady

Gary:

Before you do, look at harbor Freight's "Puma" brand, 3 cylinder, 80 gallon compressor. It can be had for $999, it's all cast with real motor and mag starter, aftercooler and ball valves...hell of a machine. I've been running mine all summer and am well pleased. I searched this out before I bought and decided I didn't want anything to do with aluminum compressor blocks or heads.

Ronnie

Reply to
Ronnie Lyons, Meridian, Idaho