Remington 9 mm recall

No, because Zimmerman has a long history, both before and after the Martin shooting of violent and psychotic behavior.

###### Golly! HE should be in jail, eh?

Heh!

Reply to
MickKarn

I understand the Douane view every RV entering from the States as a mobile arsenal. I'll admit one of those guys with the checkerboard hats in Guelph, ON explained to me how he didn't like my cowboy attitude. I didn't thibk much of his lodging accomodations either.

Reply to
rbowman

The score sheet says you have that ass backwards.

Reply to
rbowman

I've had quite a few encounters with black bears and they fall into two categories; they ignore me or they take off in the opposite direction at a high rate of speed. A couple have treed.

The strangest one was at Kings Canyon. I'd been hiking and ran into one at the 'designated' campsite. He was a runner. I got back to the trailhead just about dusk and started driving back to the campground. I saw a treed bear and stopped for a photo op. I'm standing there next to the car about 50 feet away and the bear shinnies down the tree and walks off. Then the branches shake a little more and the cub, which I hadn't seen, climbed down and wandered off after mom. The $64 question: if they didn't give a damn about me standing there taking flash photos, what had spooked them to put them enough that they treed in the first place?

I'm not sure if I've ran into a grizzly or not. The bear stood up in thick brush and woofed. He was brown, but some of the blacks run to brown too. It was jsut outside of Glacier and when I stopped at Apgar to tell them they had a feeding bear on the nature trail, the rangerette pulled out Form

14353-B, Rev 1997 and started asking questions. We were doing pretty good until she asked what sex the bear was and I replied we weren't that intimate. That was also the last time I volunteered any information to the NPS.

I ran into one of those last year. I was sitting on a log admiring the scenery and when I turned around the cat was very close. All I had was trekking poles and a BK-2 knife. I yelled, waved the poles around, and so forth but the cat wasn't impressed. After a while, he walked off down the trail, unfortunately in the direction I was going. When I started in the same direction, he headed into a little stand of trees, crouched down, and did the twitching tail thing. I gave him as wide a berth as I could, He wasn't happy but wasn't sure who the alpha predator was.

The others I've seen weren't as close but it was the same deal. We knew each other was there, studied each other, and then went on our way. It helps if you're not running down the trail looking like prey.

Reply to
rbowman

=======================

I subscribe to Daimler's external house organ "Technicity", in German. When they owned Chrysler its styling was the only thing they could find to compliment.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Sorry!

"I think Palestinians mean Dudu firing on unarmed Jew kids."

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The Germans had their moments. Remember the Heckflosse Mercs? Not everybody can make a high end ride look like a 1962 Ramber.

Reply to
rbowman

deep wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Which really has no bearing on the Martin case.

Reply to
RD Sandman

Thomas Paine wrote in news:XnsA37FCF1F4B72BWereofftoseethewizrd@78.46.70.116:

Different type of recoil. The .44 Mags I have shot (most often a Ruger Redhawk) put up a slow but h-e-a-v-y recoil kind of a roll. My .357 Mags, mostly in snubbies, have a sharp, snappish recoil like a hammer as do most of the .40s I have shot.

Reply to
RD Sandman

rbowman wrote in news:c4b42sF3o54U2 @mid.individual.net:

The score sheet also says that the Israelis keep their weapons and their kids separate to protect the children. Hamas seems to keep their weapons and their kids together to protect the weapons.

Reply to
RD Sandman

rbowman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

An old guide told me once how correctly distinguish between a black bear and a grizzly. Seems you sneak up on the bear and throw a rock at it from 20 feet, hitting it in the nose.....then you run like hell for the nearest tree. If the bear catches you before you get to the tree, it is a grizzly and if it comes up the tree after you, it is a black bear.

Those cats can climb those trees, too.

Reply to
RD Sandman

RD Sandman wrote in news:XnsA38074B21576FHopewell@216.166.97.131:

Agreed. That has been my experience.

Reply to
Thomas Paine

According to

the population density per square mile on the Gaza Strip is 9,713. That's about 2870 square feet per person, leaving building footprints, roads, and so forth. The infield of a major league baseball field in 8100 square feet.

Seems to me they have a little problem finding a place that doesn't have kids. Israel's density is about one tenth of that.

Reply to
rbowman

rbowman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

I understand your point. There are several reasons why the disparity between children or innocents killed is so different. I gave one on the philosophies involved and you gave one on the logistics involved. ;)

Addtionally, there is Iron Dome, a much higher percentage of shelters between the two areas (too bad Hamas didn't spend more time on them versus the tunnels), etc..

Reply to
RD Sandman

Gunner Asch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

As I said, it was a difference in philosophy.

The score sheet also says that the Israelis keep their weapons and their kids separate to protect the children. Hamas seems to keep their weapons and their kids together to protect the weapons.

Reply to
RD Sandman

An engineer from MIT, iirc, did an extensive analysis of Iron Dome. The physical problem is there is a very limited range where the Tamir missile will detonate the incoming rocket's warhead. It almost has to be a headon approach. From the side or chasing makes it unlikely. The rocket may be knocked out of the air, but if the warhead detonates on the ground, mission accomplished.

He attributes the lack of civilian casualties to other factors. First, the civilians are very good a duck and cover when the warning sounds. Then there are the rockets themselves. They are primitive, have no guidance system, and only have about 10 pounds of explosive in the warhead for the most part. They're launched in the general direction of Israel and seldom wind up anywhere important.

If the (insert name of one of our gallant Arab 'allies') manage to slip them some real missiles and trained personnel it could become a different story. Israel has no depth of defence. When your country is about 75 miles wide at the maximum, there isn't much of a buffer.

Reply to
rbowman

RD Sandman wrote in news:XnsA38074B21576FHopewell@216.166.97.131:

Same experience here...

Reply to
Dustin

Gunner Asch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yep.

Reply to
RD Sandman

rbowman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

True, and in Israel there are more good fortified places to duck and cover than there are in Gaza.

Yep,, but the complaining is about the numberr of innocents and children killed by the other side. A lot more of them die in Gaza than in Israel, partially for the reasons I have stated along with the philisophical difference about which protects which.

That's true but there is also a rather large difference in population densities between the two areas.

Reply to
RD Sandman