Should I leave a negative feedback?

Why not leave a neutral feedback. Your not hurt on the deal. The neutral signifies that what the seller did didn't make you especially happy but the deal was not left hanging with you dissatified. It's a warning to others to keep their eyes open. In this case, probably enough. Respectfully, Ron Moore

Reply to
Ron Moore

Absolutely leave scathing NFB. My criteria for NFB; any one or all of the following:

  1. failure to reply to Emails- automatic NFB- no discussion.
  2. Item not as described, where such failure is reasonably determined to be obviously fraudulent on sellers part.
3.anything less than professional,business-like courtesy in communications. Foul language, projecting lies on you, or mocking you in any way for trying to resolve a concern.
  1. delivery delay > I am not sure whether I as a buyer should leave negative feedback to
Reply to
JR North

Since it wasn't an official ebay transaction, and you got your money back, call it a wash and move on.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Reply to
carl mciver
1.) I don't think it's illegal to get acquainted with someone and do business with them on a separate item or items.

2.) It seems improper to use e-bay to complain about such a separate deal.

3.) What is illegal is to negotiate a private deal with someone for something that is listed on e-bay.
Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Under the circumstances you've described, yes, you should leave negative feedback. Otherwise,what good is leaving feedback at all? Am I wrong? I thought feedback was provided for the good of others, so they'd know to do business, or not, with each and every person that sells, or buys, on ebay. By avoiding your true feelings, you avoid serving your fellow man. Don't you think the next guy is going to go through the same things you did? For me, it's a no brainer.

We had perfect feedback for over 100 purchases and a few sales, but that didn't prevent me from posting negative feedback when we were out and out lied to, and on a serious amount of money, roughly $1,200. Yeah, we got a retaliatory negative feedback. When we protested to ebay, they found in our favor and paid the maximum to us, but we were still out over a thousand bucks. The one good thing that came from our actions is that the seller is no longer selling on ebay, at least not under the same name they had used. If they're still selling, they had to start over. Until we came along, they had over 600 positive feedbacks with no negatives. I can't help but wonder how many people were screwed over by these people, considering their negative attitude and deceitful business practices employed in the listing that we bid on. How many others got screwed and remained silent? Could we have been the only ones scammed? We not only accepted their listing as worded, but sent a request for clarification of the object before bidding. At no time was there an acknowledgement that they were not representing the object honestly. Yeah, I'm still pissed, if that's your question. I don't treat people that way.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Based on my new understanding, I withdraw my comments above. I was under the impression the regulator was a part of the ebay offering. There's on question that you're dealing with someone that breaks the rules, so it's no wonder he broke them with you. I'd suggest you leave feedback in keeping with the transaction as it applies to ebay, which is the real intent, in spite of the fact that this dude is les than forthright.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Yeah, it's really a tough call. I agree he's scum, but then he *did* fulfill his obligations as proposed on ebay.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

My initial response would have been to leave a negative feedback, but after reading though all of this, I changed my mind. I would not leave a negative.

  1. The regulator was outside the ebay transaction. Between the two of you, you screwed ebay out of their selling fees. This is definately against ebay rules. I believe they call this the avoidance of ebay selling fees.

  1. You got what you paid for from the seller and from what I understand, that part of the transaction is OK.

  2. Filing the paypal dispute was OK though since you can use paypal to pay for anything.

Morally, you cannot hit this guy with a neg. You both broke the rules with this side deal. I would either leave a positive for the piece that was part of the sale or don't leave anything for feedback. I do not believe even a neutral is called for.

Mike

Reply to
mj

Sounds like you finally got your comeuppance. I'm still pissed that you conned me into buying a shipping box for the Lincoln welder you said you wanted, then backed out with no explanation. you are truly an Ignoranus Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

A rational solution!

Wes S

Reply to
clutch
[...]

Mail hi a beat-to-hell motorcycle engine with no return address.

Reply to
B.B.

Maybe he would trade the regulator for his wife.

Reply to
ConcreteArtist

What happened? Did you ever find the owner or was it full of drugs :-)?

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Tidy

Nothing happened, the engine is sitting in the backyard in the bushes. I called all kinds of places, including police detectives, but no one bothered, the detective did not even call me back.

I was busy selling other stuff out of my garage, now it is almost free of the big unsold stuff. I will soon sell this engine. I would be surprised to get more than $100 out of it.

Ignoramus4324

Reply to
Mike Berger

Maybe the original poster went through all this because previous victims also decided against leaving negative feedback.

Reply to
Mike Berger

Get it "professionally sandblasted and painted" (along with the surrounding floor) so you can sell it for more. (:

Reply to
B.B.

ROTFLMAO... You really brightened my actually sad day...

Ignoramus4324

I don't use ebay, but from the times I've surfed through there, feedback means exactly nothing, not worth the time it took to type in. It's become nothing but a mutual admiration society unless it's a catfight, neither of which mean squat, or the product thereof.

Reply to
Richard