Size of KDK-100 vs BX Tool holders

Anyboby know if the KDK-100 tool holders will fix on a BX tool post?

Spec's on the KDK site says the big end of their dovetail is 1.750 which

*IS* bigger than the BX.

I can get a good price on a KDK#119 5C collet holder and thought it'd be pretty cool to use to hold different sized boring bars..

And yeah I made a bar that holds T*** inserts, but I do have some smaller brazed carbide tip tools for smaller work. 'cides you can NEVER have enough tool holders :-)

--.- Dave

Reply to
Dave August

KDK and Aloris will *not* fit one another.

On their website, Aloris lists what will and will not fit, and specifically says that KDK stuff will not fit.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Thanks Joe,

I didn't think it would but figured I'd ask... Never been to the Aloris website, never thought of that.... ya gott wonder some times since the first thing I did was hit the KDK site to get the measurement.

--.- Dave

Reply to
Dave August