Steel Source in Toronto

Any recommendation for 'normal' steel supplies in toronto? I sometimes go to North York Iron, but unless you arrive with a flatbed truck they won't even take the time to tell you they don't want your business. If I ever make it big I'll know where *not* to shop :-)

Need 4 or 5 lengths of angle, flat square - 3/4" to 2.5" - you know - the usual stuff.

Look forward to you responses - and while I sometimes go to metals supermarket for the odd specialty items - it's the long normal stuff I need

Thanks

Tom

Reply to
surftom

Hello,

Metal Supermarket alwasy works for me.

Use the WWW sites' store finder for the closest to you, there are many in the GTA.

Jeff

surftom wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Williams

I like the Metal Place on Steeles.

Contact info here:

along with a bunch of others.

I don't much like Metal Supermarket especially the one on Dixie. They seem to charge TOP dollar, and have a little too much smoke up the rear. YMMV.

There is one in the HW 7 and 400 area where they treat me a little better.

BTW, if you are in the hobby end of things you might want to check out the Muddlers.

DOC

Reply to
DOC

Hello,

I agree the Metal Supermarket locations are hit and miss.

I usually head to the one in Markham (close to my house) on Saturday AM since I know I will always deal with the same guy (and not the manager - Randy). I bring cash and he knows when I arrive it will be cash and I usually get away with good deals. The one on Carlingview near the airport are pretty good as well, owned and operated by the same bunch as Markham.

BTW, thanks for the Muddlers link.

TTYL, Jeff

DOC wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Williams

I have gone to Dixie Metal Supermarket a couple times and came out annoyed on both ocassions due to what I considered price gouging. Just thought it was me being too cheap. Now I think different. I will definitely be checking out the shops mentioned. - Distracted.

Reply to
distracted