Update on machinist trainee

And as a corollary, you make the kind of stuff that, folks who avoid purchasing chinese goods, make a concious effort to buy.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

That's right Jim. It limits your customer base. But it seems to me that if a person tries hard enough even a relatively small number of potential customers can provide a decent income. Right now China is doing things that keep their goods cheaper than they would be if we really had free trade. Our trade policies, and theirs, prevent this now. I'm no economist and so can't speak with authority though. At this time it is very hard to find goods made in countries that pay their employees well. More and more I find products that were made in the USA a year or so ago are now being made in China or India. What can you do then? I try to then to buy a similar product that's not made in China. Or try to find a used one on ebay. I'm pretty sure that many of my customers do the same thing. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Buick is making money in China because the cars sell for a premium price in China. Marketing, y'know. It costs about 5% more to make a Regal in China than in Flint.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

I will put in a word for my kid's school. One of the aims of the founders was to foster an entrepeneural spirit.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

Consider it said.

-jc-

Reply to
John Chase

Precisely!

Another way to look at it is that it's a government-run chain letter.

-jc-

Reply to
John Chase