WAY OT: Gift Idea for New SCUBA Diver

Sorry for the way off topic message, but I want to tap into the creativity and intellengence of the group.

A friend of mine recently passed his SCUBA certification and I am looking for clever ideas for a gift. I thought of making him a "spare air tank" out of a plastic soda bottle with some straws, but that seems kinda lame. My wife suggested a kid's floatation device (like a swimming ring with a duck's head on it!).

He has all the SCUBA gadgets he would ever need, so I would like something clever.

Any ideas? As always...Thanks!

Pete

Reply to
Rileyesi

This is not a clever gift but rather a very useful one. There is a book available titled: Scuba Regulator Maintenance and Repair by Vance Harlow. It is available from

I used to service regulators for a local dive shop and I was constantly surprised at how little people knew about their life support system.

Harold Winnipeg, Canada

Reply to
Harold Kroeker

How about an air fill card from a local diver shop? Most shops offer a prepaid punch card for air fills at a reduced price. And what better thing to give than air?

Reply to
David

Maybe a small commercial hard hat. The small ones are inexpensive and make a good display piece. Not really scuba, but definitely a symbol of diving.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Hmm ... SCUBA divers wear a belt of lead weights to achieve neutral buoyancy, don't they?

How about some lead sized for the pockets, embossed with appropriate markings, and gold plated to look like gold bullion (sp?)?

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols