What is it contest

Thought some of the folks here might enjoy this:

anyone care to venture a quess what it is ?

Looks like a starett protractor.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
AZOTIC

Hey Tom,

Looks like a run-out DTI to me, but I don't know the manufacturer.

Take care.

Brian Laws>Thought some of the folks here might enjoy this:

Reply to
Brian Lawson

It's a test indicator. I have one. It's from pre-dial days.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

It's a Starrett Universal Junior Indicator No. 564 (bottom of page 361 in Starrett #28 catalog)

Reply to
MetalCutter

It's an indicator of some kind. The lathe indicators with this type of readout are centered on "0", so it's not the little one that's still common (I have two of them). But it's their standard old readout design.

Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

HEY!!!!

That's my auction page.

I really appreciate the free advertising here. Thanks Tom.

I've been inundated with emails since I started doing this. Each week the number of people submitting an answer has doubled. I had ten people guess in the first hour that it was up last night. The fourth person had the right answer.

I did it initially because I thought that it might generate a bit more traffic through my auctions. To be honest, I don't know if it has done that but it's fun to do and it's fun to read some of the comments that people make - well worth the cost of mailing out an orange triangle thingy.

I'll put up another one on Monday, maybe sooner if my patience doesn't hold out that long.

George. george at sagecompanies dot com.

Reply to
George