What is it? LVII

Correct, though I've heard it's for paring hooves, not sure if it's for removing horseshoes. It's also called a butteris.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

I cannot claim authority, as I have never used one. The position one has to assume for operation doesn't appeal to me :)

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

321. Wooden puzzle - try to figure out how to get it apart. Might be hollow for storing treasures, in which case it would be a box puzzle. Some of them are ingenious. 322. No idea.

323. Tip for an oxy-fuel cutting torch, probably oxy-acetylene. I'm sure someone in RCM knows the exact brand and part number of this example.

324. A row of staples? Can't really get an idea of the size in that photo.

325. A jar opener. The wife has one just like it in the kitchen. The handle on the left is adjustable to fit the size of the jar lid. Place the it over the lid, squeeze the handle to tighten, and you can apply more torque to the stuck lid.

326. Not sure. Maybe a cousin to the above, for REALLY stuck jar lids? ;-)

Reading in rec.crafts.metalworking

-Ron

Reply to
Ron DeBlock

My brother's a farrier... Never seen that tool in his truck.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

This one is an antique, I'm sure they have different tools now that serve the same purpose.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

I've never used one, but from what I understand, the handle rests against the farrier's arm or shoulder, and it's operated by a thrust movement. There is picture of a similar one with a different handle at the site below:

Rob

Reply to
R.H.